Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Load Balancing / Failover and Policy Routing
  •  
weidl

Send a private message to this user
Hey all,
I have a setup like this:
2 WAN combined with Load Balancing
2 Rules as Policy Routing to send SIP via WAN1 and all other via WAN2

My question is:
what happens if one of the WAN fails?
Is automatically all traffic send via the other WAN by the Load Balancing / Fail over mechanism or is this denied by the policy routing rules?

Best Regards
Guenter
  •  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

It depends on whether you enabled the option "Allow using of a different interface if this one becomes unavailable". This checkbox is in the traffic rule, in the translation settings below where you specify the outgoing interface.

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
weidl

I missed this feature and will test it soon.

Thanks a lot for this fast and helpful reply!
Previous Topic: Memory usage going up slowly
Next Topic: SSL's - Another Option over SelfSigned SSL's?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 05:24:02 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00451 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.