Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Volume of "ring" alerting media very loud in Kerio Operator client app (macOS)
  •  
bradleyland

Send a private message to this user
Remote users in our organization have started using the Kerio Operator client application on their Mac laptops (previously used mobile device softphone). When placing calls, users complain that the "ring" sound played through their headphones is very loud, but once the call connects, the caller audio is too soft. They turn their volume up to hear the other caller, which makes the ringing tone much louder on future calls.

I used an application to record the audio of a test call. Peak amplitude of the alerting ring is -0dB. Speaking in a normal tone of voice, I see around -15 dB, with peaks around -9 dB. The perceived loudness of the alerting ring is much greater, because it is a sustained noise.

Management is concerned about this becoming a workplace safety issue (hearing damage), so the priority has become very high for me in the IT department. I am currently rolling back to mobile softphone usage until the volume level of the alerting ring can be adjusted.

Is this something I can do through Kerio Operator configuration?
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

Please use http://feedback.gfi.com/ to suggest this as a feature. Unfortunately there is not an option to adjust the volume of the ring sound.

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
bradleyland

Thanks, Brian. Will do.
Previous Topic: MOH licence
Next Topic: Emergency Response Location
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 17 15:43:58 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00391 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.