Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » [BUG] No IPS Rules Update since 22.03.2017 (since almosts three month IPS-Version 3.149/2.1215)
  •  
areichmann

Send a private message to this user
There are NO IPS Updates since 22.03.2017 Version is still IPS-Version 3.149/2.1215.

Seems to be no need to update since 3 Month ... no security threads Wink *lol*
  •  
Columbia

I discussed this problem in previous branch (Antivirus/IPS/Web Filter not updating) without any comments from product moderators . It's a high security risk for existing infrastructure. For which we pay money for annual subscription? 3 months - no product and IPS updates! Ashamed of you, the developers!
  •  
areichmann

Made a support request ... let's see. If possible please do also open a ticket.
  •  
Columbia

Ok, colleges! Before I will open a ticket, let's compare an existing version of signature database version IPS(intrusion prevention)! areichmann, when was last updating of versions?
  •  
areichmann

3.149/2.1215 since 22.3
  •  
Columbia

•  
Columbia

Did you get any answer from Kerio support?
  •  
areichmann

Yes ... a kind of answer. I should reboot my box and see if new update is available *lol*

told them again, i have checked several Control boxes ...,all on same old ips Version.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 June 2017 21:42]

•  
KCAP

All our controls installs (3) have also the 3.149/2.1215,
so the same version and no updates for a long time

Teun
KCAP [NL]
  •  
areichmann

Joke of the day ... or support answer of today

I should reinstall my box via usb Wink
  •  
Columbia

This is an annoying joke. Technical support of KERIO does not understand the product at all. I think that the lack of updates of the IPS and the product as a whole is related to the migration of the Kerio infrastructure to the GFI data centers
  •  
areichmann

Simply no new IPS Definitions on the GFI Servers ... in 24 hours i will get the next answer ... lets see Crying or Very Sad
  •  
Columbia

•  
areichmann

Everything is fine ... GFI says

Hello Dear Mr,

It has been verified that this is the right and also the current version of IPS system.

KerioControl is updating without issues in your environmnt since the right version is being used.

Let us know if you have any open questions.

Thank you in advance,

[Updated on: Thu, 22 June 2017 16:54]

areichmann

my next answer (i think i need to buy some popcorn).

It is not right ... a more then 10 weeks old IPS Definition is a major security problem.

Kerio IPS is SNORT based ... SNORT Rules changed a lot since 22.03.2017. Before 22.03.2017 rules were frequently updated ... why not since 22.03.2017 ????
Previous Topic: ŮŽallow specified URL group after quota exceed
Next Topic: How to set Metric for VPN Tunnel Custom Routes?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 05:23:26 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00552 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.