Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Contacts asking password (Mac OS Sierra contacts keeps asking for password)
  •  
Peter van Dam

Send a private message to this user
Many of our users with Mac OS Sierra get a popup from contacts that the password is needed and that it needs to be typed in in Internet Accounts. Clicking on close and everything works but it keeps coming up. Typing it in again in Internet accounts does not solve this problem.
It is very annoying and I have not read about this anywhere else. I can't imagine that nobody has this problem.

Kerio connect is at Version 9.2.4 and OS at 10.12.6

•  
Dude

I am getting the same thing. Any Solutions yet?
  •  
Oli

I fixed this for our users. The caveat is that we don't use personal contacts, only public. if you're using personal ones as well you'd need to check that my fix doesn't break them.

On the affected machines open Contacts > Preferences

Select the public folders account.

remove the brackets around the domain name somone(blah.com) and add an <_at_> to make it a proper email address. Assuming you have any brackets.

re-enter the password.

Select the user account

re-enter the password.

Close the window

you may get one or 2 further requests for password but after that it should go quiet. Everything seems to still work (I've checked and the gal still updates)

I hope that helps
  •  
Peter van Dam

Thank you very much Oli,
That looks promising. Tried it on 3 out of our 250 users and it looks like that is the solution.

I hope GFI will solve this in the next update. If they read this at all.

Thanks again.

Peter
  •  
Oli

No problem.

I'm glad I could help.

Cheers

Oli
  •  
Ticiano

Peter van Dam wrote on Thu, 10 August 2017 16:13
Thank you very much Oli,
That looks promising. Tried it on 3 out of our 250 users and it looks like that is the solution.

I hope GFI will solve this in the next update. If they read this at all.

Thanks again.

Peter

Indeed this is the case, hopefully it will be resolved in the next version. Cheers!
  •  
JohnC

Having the same issue. Thanks for the info Oli, hope they release a fix soon.

For any GFI folks reading this, looks like there's an earlier thread with the same issue:

http://forums.kerio.com/t/32592//

[Updated on: Wed, 20 September 2017 21:24]

•  
Oli

No problem. JohnC

I posted a link to this forum in the other one you pointed out.

Maybe it will help.

Cheers

Oli

•  
Anthoneee

Hello, my users have the same issue on macs. I am trying to fix it but do not understand the fix you are saying. When you say "add an @" to the email do you mean to make it like "test@example.com" or to make it like "<_test<_at_>example.com_>"

Thank you

Update: Never mind I see it chaned the symbol when I wrote it here so the website changed it, I am good thank you.

[Updated on: Wed, 18 October 2017 23:52]

•  
Oli

Hi.

Your first guess is correct.

Apparently I'm incapable of typing the at symbol into this forum..... I've tried several times and am now giving up because life is too short.

I have seen this start to reappear for some users (it's not a surprise since the mistake is in the profile installed for the user by the Kerio configurator) but it tends to keep it at bay for a while.

I believe the most recent server patch claims to resolve this (though from what I've read on the forums weather or not you should update server version at the moment is something you should research well first)

Hope that helps.

[Updated on: Thu, 19 October 2017 10:15]

Previous Topic: How to block specific tld ?
Next Topic: clarification for the new price model
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 15:33:24 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00501 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.