Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » No Auto-Attendant Announcements (Announcements to play for external callers)
  •  
rf-n

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I have a strange problem with newly installed Operator V300. I am trying to set up an auto-attendant script and, whilst the announcements play for calling the script from an internal extension, they do not play or respond when called from a landline or mobile.

We have a SIP trunk provided by VoIP Unlimited. I have tried uploading both converted WAV and GSM files which play fine via the Audio File Library section of the GUI. I have also tried a recording done directly on to the Operator box via a handset using the '86' extension. All have fail even though they all play back through the admin GUI and when called from another internal extension.

I have created as basic a script as I can and it fails with that. I have attached a screenshot of the script so you can see it.

GFI are taken 4working days to respond so am trying here to see if shared knowledge helps solve this as serious Googling has not come up with any one else experiencing this.

Many thanks in advance for even the vaguest hints.

Robbie

EDIT: Forgot to say it's running 2.5.5 patch 1

EDIT 2: Also, this is a brand new box with only extensions created and is not being used live just yet. Only once the script is working can it be used.

When the external number is routed direct to an internal extension you can make calls successfully with perfect quality.

• Attachment: Script 1.png
    (Size: 79.72KB, Downloaded 25 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 16 August 2017 17:15]

•  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

Do other voice prompts used in other services work, such as the music on hold, current time or dial by name directory? My suspicion is that this is related to the codec that is negotiated by the trunk. Check the call history and view the used codec and compare between internal calls and external calls. If you edit the SIP interface you can adjust the codecs to see if one works better. Usually the G.711 A-law or u-law is the preferred codec.

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
rf-n

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply. I thought that was something to look at but it is configured as per the Kerio KB article specifically for VoIP.

Ok, so the cause was something completely different. Firewall rule was wrong. Ooops.

Thanks for the suggestion on the Codecs. Was just needing confirmation that Operator was fine basically then 'went back to basics'.

Thanks for the assistance.

Regards

Robbie
Previous Topic: Cisco SPA 112 Transferring from External Calls
Next Topic: Kerio Operator - Softphone
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 18:46:02 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00359 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.