Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Multiple clients behind one router
  •  
chrwei

Send a private message to this user
I have a TP-link C50 that I need to have 2 desktops using the VPN client behind. either one seems to work fine if the other is disconnected, but connecting the 2nd one seems to give timeouts. occasionally it will connect the 2nd one but quickly disconnects.

Is it possible that the tp-link has a limitation of one VPN through it, or is it a Kerio VPN limitation? for debugging that, is the kerio VPN l2tp based or something else?
  •  
Morgan H. (Kerio)

You should be able to have two KerioVPN client connections behind another router. I have seen it done many times.

Is it possible this user has a static IP assigned to the VPN? That would describe the expected behavior (only one can be connected at once).
  •  
chrwei

I don't any option to set static IPs on the clients. from the server side it's got a 255.255.255.0 mask
  •  
Morgan H. (Kerio)

Control Webadmin -> Users and Groups -> Users -> select user -> Edit ... -> Addresses -> VPN Client Address
  •  
chrwei

not set on either. for the sort time both do stay connected, in vpn clients one has .9 and one has .12
  •  
Morgan H. (Kerio)

I would test connecting the two clients behind a different gateway to see if the issues remain. If that isn't possible, it might be worth opening a support ticket. Before reaching out, I would collect Kerio VPN debug logging (Logs -> Debug -> right-click the right pane -> Messages -> Kerio VPN),. I would reproduce the issue with those enabled, then immediately after go to Status -> System Health -> Support Information, then go back to the debug log, right-click the right side and save the log as plain text. Include the public IP, the rough time frame, and the user names used in the ticket when you create it.
  •  
chrwei

we'd already submitted logs, they are pretty slow to respond.

in the mean time we put one on wired lan instead of wifi (same router) as it was close enough for a cable and both clients got much better. at this point I'm willing to blame too many SSIDs in the vicinity.
Previous Topic: Public IP Range Routing
Next Topic: Bitdefender Update fails since 23.08.2017
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 04:45:06 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00411 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.