Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Operator internal DHCP server (getting more info)
  •  
gaselec

Send a private message to this user
We are using the Operator internal DHCP server. Apart from the list of leases and some simple config [gateway and server] there isn't any more info or switches afaics. I turned on Logs, Debug and enabled DHCP messages but nothing has appeared at all. How else might I get more info on the DHCP server behaviour?

S G Baker GAS Electronic Systems Ltd
  •  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

The built-in DHCP server is very basic. It's intended for situations where only phones are connected to the network, and they need only to get the essential parameters for networking. What type of issue are you troubleshooting?
Regarding the debug log, it should report activity when a device has requested a lease. If you are not seeing activity, it's likely that it's not receiving the request.

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
gaselec

I've had the debug log enabled for DHCP but havent seen any entries. I tried on anothe clients Operator and the same thing is true.
The problems we were having seem to have gone away and may not be Kerio Operator. DHCP leases are being issued without problem. However nothing appears in the logs.
Non urgent as all working well but I'd like to see logs for future reference.
Does anyone else see logs when debug log is enabled for DHCP?

•  
Philipp14

Sorry for the stupid question, but could it be there is another DHCP server active somewhere?
Once happened to me with an old router which was only used as a switch.
  •  
gaselec

Have had two Operator systems set in DEBUG to show OTHER - DHCP messages. There have been no log entries at all in the last few weeks.
Philipp14 - no other DHCP server though we may have to move to use one if we want any diagnostics in future.

Previous Topic: "autoBackup succeeded" email?
Next Topic: No incoming audio for outgoing calls
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 04:03:19 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00454 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.