Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Application Server through Kerio Connect (Single server Relay without Authentication)
  •  
Teddieman

Send a private message to this user
Forgive me everyone as I'm very new to Kerio Connect
I come form a background of Microsoft exchange which I have been supporting for years
Now its time to change over to Kerio
I have a small issue that someone may be able to clear up for me

In installing a 5 new Server Clients this is a windows 2012 r2 (application Software people cannot run this application on current 2016)
Installed Kerio Connect and configured everything (running well)
However no the tricky bit
The application server (Same server as Kerio) emails directly from their application
there is no authentication from the users when they send via email
the application company can alter this but here lies the problem
If they do this all email is sent from the one user
as the company has 23 users with different rolls this solution does not work

On the exchange server I setup a relay of the one ipaddress with no authentication all was well

Now I'm using Kerio and there's no settings to do this
Call me old fashioned but I still want Kerio to send directly to MX record's and not relay through a smart host
Can this be done in Kerio to allow 1 ipaddress to relay without authentication

Thanks in advance

Ted Cogger
Moana Solutions
  •  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

You can permit anonymous relay from an IP address group. This setting is described in the online help http://manuals.gfi.com/en/kerio/connect/content/server-confi guration/services/configuring-the-smtp-server-1167.html
This article also describes how to configure smart hosts. By default it sends directly to the remote SMTP server through MX resolution.

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
Teddieman

Thanks for the info Brian
But this I have already looked at
it only allows for a group not the solution I'm looking for to keep security tight I need to only allow 1 ipaddress for outgoing only
and I'm avoiding a smart host scenario
relaying can cause a magnitude of problems I want to keep a handle on it by only allowing 1 server to send and normal emails going through tight security

Thanks for your help anyway looks like Kerio cannot do this
Ill find another solution

Ted Cogger
Moana Solutions
Previous Topic: iOS 11 upgrade
Next Topic: Access denied
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 06:13:05 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00465 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.