Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Access denied
  •  
yousefipanah

Send a private message to this user
Trying to send e-mails to this domain I receive this error. All the others work fine.
Is it something that should interest the recipient server or I'm missing something in the configuration of my smtp?
Thanks in advance to who can help me.

This is an informative message sent by KerioConnect.

The server was not able to deliver your email message

Subject: test
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2017 17:39:53 +0330

to the following addresses:

<*****<_at_>efarda.ir> (mail.efarda.ir: 550 Access denied - Invalid HELO name (
See RFC2821 4.1.1.1))
  •  
Backspin

Maybe you have set an incorrect hostname (Configuration->Domains->Internet hostname).
A domain name does not qualify as a hostname, so if you have something like 'mydomain.com' as hostname, it will not work with receiving servers which check the hostname. You have to set someting like 'myserver.mydomain.com'.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 September 2017 13:33]

•  
clan

Backspin wrote on Mon, 25 September 2017 09:10
Maybe you have set an incorrect hostname (Configuration->Domains->Internet hostname).
A domain name does not qualify as a hostname, so if you have something like 'mydomain.com' as hostname, it will not work with receiving servers which check the hostname. You have to set someting like 'myserver.mydomain.com'.

You may be right pointing to the setting for the internet hostname, but it does not need to be a subdomain, a fully qualified domain is sufficient. It helps with some servers if the domain resolves to the IP address of the server making the connection, and if there is a PTR record resolving the IP address back to the hostname.
Previous Topic: Application Server through Kerio Connect
Next Topic: Reply to mail not possible via IOS11 final / Active Sync
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 11:26:54 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00396 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.