Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Kerio control blocking Kerio Operator VOIP
  •  
ESP Projects

Send a private message to this user
We have recently swapped out a draytek router for a Kerio Control box NG100 but now when softphone clients try to make or receive calls, there is no data being received on the mobile end. the phone rings if you call it, but no voice is being sent from operator.

All other voip calls work fine, we can dial out using the phones in the office and the kerio softphone even works if it's on wifi in the office.

Is there any where else in the settings in Kerio Control which would block traffic from Operator to a mobile device?
  •  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

Where is Kerio Operator in relation to the firewall? Where are the Softphone clients in relation to Kerio Operator?

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
ESP Projects

Current setup is operator on 192.168.1.10 behind Control on 192.168.1.1 (gateway) softphones are connecting via 4g mainly. Control has all necessary ports open and the softphones can actually register on the system and make/receive calls bit just no audio. I've tried the option in Operator "operator is behind firewall" but all this seems to do is make calls from the office phones have terrible call quality - I can't find any documentation to say exactly what this check box does.

Thanks for your reply
  •  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

This article describes that NAT option http://manuals.gfi.com/en/kerio/operator/content/server-conf iguration-kerio-operator/configuring-nat-821.html
There is also a NAT option in the properties of the extension that you may need to enable. I find this setting is usually necessary and works even when the client is on a routable address.
If you disabled the SIP inspector in Kerio Control then it's necessary to map all the ports described in the referenced article. Otherwise you should only need to map the SIP service.
For testing two way audio, you can dial the echo PBX extension.

Brian Carmichael
  •  
ESP Projects

I've enabled the option to say kerio is behind firewall, and after opening some more ports it appears to work however the call quality from all phones changes, all voice goes really high pitched and distorted but not the same as when your connection is poor, almost like a codec issue.

Any ideas? It only happens when I enable the NAT feature in Operator and disabling it fixes it immediately
  •  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

That does sound like a codec issue. You can check the call history to see what codec was used and compare good calls vs bad ones. You can edit either the SIP interface or the extension to remove any troublesome codecs. Usually G.711 u-law or G.7.11 a-law is most common.

Brian Carmichael
  •  
ESP Projects

Just checked and the calls that were bad quality were using the same codecs in and out as the calls that were good quality, the only change I've made is the "NAT Enabled" checkbox in Operator. G.711 a-law. Softphones work fine with the option enabled but the internal phones don't. I've made sure the "Local phones" IP ranges are correct as well.

Thanks
  •  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

Have you tried removing the G.711 a-law codec from the SIP interface to force another codec such as G.7.11 u-law or GSM? Does the audio issue happen even from internal to internal calls (not going through the SIP provider)?

Brian Carmichael
Previous Topic: Install on HP DL360 G5
Next Topic: Kerio VPN Client Installation Error
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 19:47:20 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00461 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.