Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » New version of Kerio Connect 9.2.5 (Kerio Connect Releases)
  •  
debumphry_gfi

Send a private message to this user
[Note, edited by Heather Paunet] <<Comment about official release deleted>>

We do realize that users have reported issues with downloading this new release. We are working on fixes to the reported issues and will make them available as soon as they are complete. Please continue to let us know if you are seeing other issues with this release.

[Updated on: Thu, 28 September 2017 01:07] by Moderator

•  
Backspin

I don't understand any of this.
So the 9.2.5 version released on the kerio website on the 22nd was unofficial?
Followed by a 'beta' 9.2.5 patch1 which was available on the admin console to fix problems, but actually caused problems?
And now you're announcing a 'offical' 9.2.5 version for today, the 26nd, but it's not fixing issues, because the reported issues will be fixed 'as soon as the are complete'. So what is it that you are announcing here?

Is it me or is this all getting a bit confusing?
  •  
debumphry_gfi

[Note, edited by Heather Paunet] <<Comment about unofficial release and 'soft release' deleted>>

We apologize for the confusion.
The patch that was released was a Beta patch for testing. As you have seen there is still more work to be done on the patch. Once the fixes are complete a final version of the patch will be released.

Again we apologize for the confusion and are working to fix any issues related to the latest version.

[Updated on: Thu, 28 September 2017 01:10] by Moderator

•  
SSSamS

This thread perfectly demonstrates the status of Kerio to anyone that had any doubts.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 September 2017 20:29]

•  
Backspin

Wow. Just wow. This absolutely makes no sense at all. I'm really starting to get worried about the future of Kerio now.
  •  
SebStar

debumphry_gfi wrote on Tue, 26 September 2017 19:12
We apologize for the confusion. The release on the 22nd was a soft release - or an "unofficial" release. The official release was today. An official release will show up in the automatic updates area.

The patch that was released was a Beta patch for testing. As you have seen there is still more work to be done on the patch. Once the fixes are complete a final version of the patch will be released.

Again we apologize for the confusion and are working to fix any issues related to the latest version.

This makes absolute no sense...

Kerio.com is still 9.2.5 from the 22th.
In my Admin console 9.2.5 p1 i shown
btw. im still on 9.2.3 and don`t have the "look for beta updates" checkbox checked which makes your statement more confusing Wink

So how do i identify which is (or will be) the final release?

edit:
Just had a look to my logs.
Why do you guys push betas, soft releases or unofficial releases (how ever you call it) to your customers via automatic updates...
Even if they setup the Server not to look for Beta updates..
[22/Sep/2017 11:46:04] New version is available for download: Kerio Connect 9.2.5
[24/Sep/2017 11:46:52] New version is available for download: Kerio Connect 9.2.5 Patch 1

[Updated on: Tue, 26 September 2017 22:56]

•  
rharrelson

Yes, SebStar has asked the question I suspect most of us who don't want to mess around with a possibly problematic upgrade would like the answer to. How do we know when the available upgrade is the one we should apply?
  •  
rharrelson

And just to be clear, if you click on the link in the admin interface for Patch 1, this is the URL you are taken to:

http://www.kerio.com/support/kerio-connect/betas
  •  
Heather P (Kerio)

Sorry for the confusion here. We are having some issues with our releases, as you have seen. We are working on addressing the install issue and the versioning. We need to post an update for 9.2.5, and will do so as soon as possible.

Heather Paunet
VP, Product Marketing

•  
areichmann

@Heather .. so tomorrow is gone ... any timeline for us ?

Quote:
The official release of Kerio Connect 9.2.5 will be issued tomorrow.
  •  
areichmann

•  
Agador

I see that Kerio Connect 9.2.5 Patch 1 is available, but the release notes are missing from the Release History???

Jim
  •  
Heather P (Kerio)

Hi all,
Please wait before upgrading to this version. We are seeing some A/V updating issues.

I'll post more information shortly.

Heather Paunet
VP, Product Marketing

•  
SSSamS

HOW DO YOU THINK IT IS OK TO KEEP POSTING UPDATES WITHOUT TESTING THEM!?

This has gotten completely out of control.
Backspin

Take it easy, SSSamS.
It's not like you are paying a yearly license fee to get updates made by professional Kerio staff who know what they are doing.

Oh wait..
Previous Topic: Windows 10: Additional MAPI option not shown in Office Outlook 2016
Next Topic: Reverse Proxy and High Sierra - macOS Server 5.4
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 17:00:03 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00672 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.