Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Disable call recording mid call
  •  
IsoDave

Send a private message to this user
We have been using Kerio Operator hardware for a year now and over 6 months ago we were audited and found we need to turn recording off at certain times to comply with data protection.
Our reseller has been unable to find out how to do this for us and as a last resort before I replace Kerio operator with our old system that can do this I thought I would ask on here.

On our old system I could transfer to an unrecorded extension as each transfer created its own recording but with Kerio operator the call recording continues in the same file.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  •  
ICT and Me

Same with Kerio Operator.
Every extension can have following options. Record inbound,Outbound, both or just no recording. This is done by the extensions.
On main TAB of extension there you can select recording or not and what kind of recording.
This is only possible on extensions.
When you work with call queues it is only possible record or not. No swithc off between.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
IsoDave

Thanks, looks like getting rid of Kerio Operator then and putting our old system back in.Sad

We set our extensions to record all and it has saved us no end of times when someone complains that we sent the wrong item and we can prove what they actually asked for but when they call to pay with a card, we need to stop the recording whilst taking the card number.
  •  
ESP Projects

From my testing, the call is recorded from the point of it getting somewhere (Extension, call queue etc) where call recording is enabled, and only stops recording when the call is ended. you can transfer the call around to other extensions, call queues, ringing groups etc and it will still record the call no matter what settings are on the call queues you transfer to. This even records a conference call that the recorded call is transferred into EG:

Caller calls in to a company on a recorded call queue.
Caller requests to be transferred into a private conference (Not recorded)
Conference call IS recorded whilst that caller is in the conference call.

The incoming/outgoing recording options per extension only effect how the call started, so if someone calls IN to an extension, it will still record the call regardless of whether that call is transferred back OUT or not.

I've even tried to park the call and pick up from another extension but it still records the call.
  •  
ESP Projects

I've just had a reply from GFI Support to confirm this is not possible in the current build of Kerio. Call recording is either enabled or disabled.
Previous Topic: Can't download desktop phone app
Next Topic: Kerio Operator App Adding Suffix
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 02:59:10 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00413 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.