Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » IMAP folders in Outlook 2016 do not exist on the server
  •  
aj08

Send a private message to this user
I have a client running Outlook 2016 who configured their account using IMAP. I was setting them up on a new PC with Outlook using Kerio Connect for Outlook and it went fine. She then complained that many folders were missing and sure enough for example a folder with 4 sub folders only shows 3 of them. This is the case on quite a few folders. Logging into the Kerio web interface shows that indeed, those folders do not exist on the server. The only place they show up is in her IMAP account on the old PC.

It looks like I'll have to identify every missing folder, export to a PST and them import it on the new PC. Any ideas how I can get those missing folders properly synchronized to the mail server so I can avoid manually exporting and importing for a large amount of folders?
  •  
b-tom

Send a private message to this user
Any ideas how I can get those missing folders properly synchronized to the mail server so I can avoid manually exporting and importing for a large amount of folders?

There's no automation for that. You could use rsync. Another idea could be to export all messages before the IMAP account has been added.

1. Old PC: Create a full backup using Outlook's PST Export
  2. New PC: Export all Outlook data to a PST since the IMAP account has been added. Double check the PST file with another test machine!
  3. New PC: Completely delete the Kerio Account's data. MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE BACKUP IS WORKING.
  4. New PC: Re-Import PST file with the latest changes (New PC)
  5. New PC: Import PST file from old pc
Previous Topic: BUG after upgrade to 9.2.5 pacth 3
Next Topic: Kerio Connect is very slow
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 16:30:16 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00357 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.