Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Unable to configure Kerio Outlook Connector (Outlook 2016) (After a recent update, we can no longer configure Kerio Outlook Connector on Outlook 2016 both within Outlook and Control Panel.)
  •  
Sam Cooper

Send a private message to this user
Hi

I am not sure if anyone else has noticed this yet but after a recent update on office 2016, we can no longer configure a Kerio account within Outlook 2016 with Kerio Outlook Connector.

Has anyone else noticed this? It will only give you the options such as exchange, imap, google mail etc.. when you go to advanced options.

Any ideas of a work around?

Screen shot attached of what appears within advanced options.

Sam

Sam
  •  
ian.bugeja

Hi

What Outlook 2016 version is this please (the Click to Run) available for Office 365?

Regards

Ian Bugeja
GFI Software
  •  
Sam Cooper

Outlook version 2016 MSO (16.0.8431.2046) 32-bit

Sam
  •  
brandonh75

There is another thread http://forums.kerio.com/t/32932// that has a registry setting to get around the new "Simplified Account Creation".
  •  
89 E30

Saw this yesterday when I was adding a kerio account - The official response from Kerio support was to add the account via the auto-configure on the server integration page.
Apparently the new office updates did away with the "other" section.
Pretty big deal as you can't mount more than 1 account with this method.

All existing kerio setups are fine. They also can't tell us what KB patch broke it.
  •  
davidmonamy

For those who don't want to trawl through the post mentioned above (or are too lazy! Laughing ), here is the Workaround from Microsoft:

1. Exit Outlook.

2. Start Registry Editor. To do this, use one of the following procedures, as appropriate for your version of Windows.
•Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8: Press Windows Key + R to open a Run dialog box. Type regedit.exe, and then click OK.
•Windows 7: Click Start, type regedit.exe in the search box, and then press Enter.

3. In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following subkey in the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Ou tlook\setup

4. After you select the key that is specified in step 3, point to New on the Edit menu, and then DWORD (32-bit) Value.

5. Type DisableOffice365SimplifiedAccountCreation, and then press Enter.

6. Right-click DisableOffice365SimplifiedAccountCreation, and then click Modify.

7. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.

8. On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 October 2017 16:54]

•  
b-tom

Yeah, I ran into the same issue a week ago. There's already a thread about that topic. Here's the solution

http://forums.kerio.com/mv/msg/32932/137006/#msg_137006
  •  
Sam Cooper

Thanks guys - that's done the trick.

Sam
  •  
rigo

Another work around without regedit is to just go to Control Panel, Mail 32bit or 64bit and add E-mail Accounts... there Wink
  •  
perennialdesign

On both of my end-user installs I cannot send email after the install is complete. I get an error (0x80048002). The Regedit hack doesn't list the same directory structure as the one in the KB article either. If I use the Mail 2016 32bit control panel, I still get the send error.
Previous Topic: Kerio Outlook Connector Offline Edition support for Outlook 2016 Click-to-Run Installation
Next Topic: Mailbox folder structure problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 01:06:04 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00486 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.