Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » User and Group whitelists and bandwidth control (MAC address filtering)
  •  
Samaya

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

In my workplace we have multiple VLAN's and matching wireless networks. Owner Network, Guest Network, Employee Network.
Each network has bandwidth limits; Owner 60%, Guest 30%, Employee 10%.
The problem i have is employees getting their hands on the wifi passwords for the owner or guest networks and connecting devices to networks they shouldn't be.
I was considering MAC address filtering?? If i create users in kerio for example "Employee 1" and get them to supply me a list of all their device MAC's. Maybe add all the EMPLOYEE USERS to an EMPLOYEE GROUP, then block that group somehow from accessing internet via any other VLAN than the EMPLOYEE network.
The problem i have is it's reliant on employees handing over their MAC addresses to be added to the white/black list. I cannot ask owners and guests for their MAC addresses so if an employee were to purchase a new wireless device and it wasn't added to the white/black list it would have the same user rights as an unlisted owner/guest device.

I'm sorry if that is a confusing post, it makes sense in my head! I would be interested to hear if anyone has had similar situation or any guru's that can suggest a solution.
Previous Topic: Can't install Kerio Connect 9.2.5
Next Topic: Using Parentheses In An Email Attachment
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 06:18:09 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00421 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.