Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » 9.2.5 - STATUS ?
  •  
esmiraldaQ

Send a private message to this user
Dear All,

In the beta section there is a 9.2.5 patch1 and the stable version is 9.2.5 patch3 ?
Additionally there are no release logs at all ?

I really don't get it please Kerio GFI please clarify.

THX & Aloha

•  
SebStar

Kerio v9.2.3 is still the recommended Version from GFI.

Here's a summary of the recent 9.2.5 Versions.
Kerio Connect 9.2.5
- addressed the performance issue caused by multiple open folders putting a heavy load on the server
Kerio Connect 9.2.5 Patch 1
- addressed an upgrade issue - servers were not upgrading correctly on Windows
Kerio Connect 9.2.5 Patch 2
- addressed an install issue for Windows servers
Kerio Connect 9.2.5 Patch 3
- addressed an A/V module issue

Cheers
  •  
esmiraldaQ

You mean 9.2.4 right ?
  •  
SebStar

Unfortunately no... 9.2.3 is still recommended (I think because of the speed issues and the "open folders BUG" in 9.2.4)
Total disaster from GFI.
  •  
esmiraldaQ

If this is really true I think we all appreciate a official statement and clarification from GFI

[Updated on: Thu, 05 October 2017 12:50]

•  
SebStar

Heather P (Kerio) wrote on Thu, 28 September 2017 20:01
Jon, yes absolutely, I agree these releases need to go to the beta community first.

I still recommend to all that in production you use Kerio Connect 9.2.3 for now.

Kerio Connect 9.2.5 P3 fixes A/V issues that were occurring on Windows installs. It has passed acceptance tests.

We welcome feedback on 9.2.5 P3 for those that have a lab / test environment.

You can check it in "message #137035" from the "New version of Kerio Connect 9.2.5" Topic.
  •  
esmiraldaQ

Thx <_at_>sebstar ya I do know that post indeed.
@GFI Again If 9.2.3 is really the current stable version please make that visible on the website !

Additionally I do run 9.2.4 for my customers on linux right now-
can anyone confirm that a update to 9.2.5 patch 3 is safe form there or nightmare ?

CHeers
  •  
Heather P (Kerio)

Kerio Connect 9.2.5 Patch 3 has passed all our acceptance tests and reports from our community show that this is a good solid build. For the more cautious, resellers may choose to keep their customers on Kerio Connect 9.2.3 until the build has been available for a couple of weeks.

Regarding what's posted on the web page, this build, and the previous Kerio Connect 9.2.5 patches went out quicker than we had hoped, due to issues with our release process.

Our engineering team is working hard to get the release process working smoothly, and we acknowledge, and apologize for, any time you may have spent recently trying to upgrade between Kerio Connect 9.2.3 and Kerio Connect 9.2.5 Patch 3.

Heather Paunet
VP, Product Marketing

•  
SebStar

Okay, so i just updated our productive System with 55 Users from 9.2.3 to 9.2.5p3. (macOS 10.5.5 *without Server.app).
I will let you know if i see any issues.

@esmiraldaQ 9.2.5p3 can't be worse than 9.2.4 Wink
  •  
esmiraldaQ

Ok. doin the same thing tdy. on centos 7.x.x.x
  •  
Heather P (Kerio)

How did the updates go on macOS and centos?

Heather Paunet
VP, Product Marketing

•  
esmiraldaQ

Ahahah- u should tell us

xxxx GFI
  •  
Heather P (Kerio)

Kerio Connect 9.2.5 Patch 3 has passed all our acceptance tests on all platforms, and reports from our community show that this is a good solid build.

Kerio Connect 9.2.5 Patch 3 is currently installed on around 100 different OS's / versions of those OS's.

There are around 600 installs of 9.2.5 Patch 3 on Mac OS, and 106 installs of 9.2.5 Patch 3 on CentOS 7.x (many more on CentOS earlier versions).

Heather Paunet
VP, Product Marketing

•  
esmiraldaQ

After updating kerio connect 9.2.4 to 9.2.5 patch3 on centos 7.4.1708 I do get the following errors:
WebmailSyncKey.cpp: Message store DB is not available.
+
MemDumps.cpp: Sending has failed, error(-1): An unknown error has occurred

Except that everything seems to work as always.....
SebStar

My macOS Server runs without any problems.
Kerio runs smooth like 9.2.3 and the bugs from 9.2.4 (slow speed and open folders) are fixed for me.
No Problems with CardDav, CalDav, IMAP and Active Sync.
Cant say much about the Kerio AccountKonfig Tool because i always setup everything by hand.
Previous Topic: High Sierra End Users Experience?
Next Topic: Kerio Outlook Connector Size of .FDB Cache Files
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 02:54:25 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00562 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.