Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » clarification for the new price model
  •  
brauner is currently offline brauner

IP: 188.120.154.23
Hello,

Just got the announcement about the new pricing.

As far as I managed to understand the new model, it seems that prices significantly rise.

For example, 35 users subscription was 565$, now it is 770$

One thing I didn't understand, is it possible not to renew the subscription?

The current license is permanent, even if I don't renew, Does the "new" product expire?

Second thing: can I get only the activesync license, without antivirus and antispam - I don't use these anyway.

-roei

•  
Backspin is currently offline Backspin

IP: 92.111.188.112
*********Message removed per Acceptable Use Policy http://forums.kerio.com/t/32816//*************
  •  
gmaoret is currently offline gmaoret

IP: 89.186.68.34
I think that the new price lists is made to loose customers...
  •  
gmaoret is currently offline gmaoret

IP: 89.186.68.34
*********Message removed per Acceptable Use Policy http://forums.kerio.com/t/32816//********
  •  
Heather P is currently offline Heather P

IP: 67.164.30.4
Hi,
Yes, it's possible not to renew the subscription. In this case, the product will continue to work, it just won't get updates.

Heather Paunet
VP, Product

•  

IP: 109.64.159.74
Thank you Heather

In that case, will activesync work too, even if the subscription was not renew?
  •  
netmax is currently offline netmax

IP: 80.152.208.158
Good point, brauner. Active Sync, Antivirus and Antispam is a subscription as far as I know. I guess they won't work either after the subscription ran out.

Maybe Heather can comment this ...
  •  

Probably will be the same as it is under the current license model: if you don't renew, you don't get software updates, Activesync, anti-spam and anti-virus updates. Which makes perfect sense.
  •  

IP: 141.226.170.185
And what if I don't want the updates, the support, the anti-spam and anti-virus updates but just the ActiveSync?
  •  

That's also not possible in the current license model. You need at least SWM to get any of the other options. Which also makes sense.
What would NOT make sense, is if the new licensemodel would be 'all or nothing', meaning that it would not be possible to have Activesync without anti-virus and anti-spam. This would mean that GFI/Kerio would force you to pay for something you don't want or need. But I still don't know how the new licensemodel will be.
  •  
Heather P is currently offline Heather P

IP: 67.164.30.4
Right, yes the subscriptions get you the ActiveSync, the Antivirus and the Kerio Anti-Spam.

There is a chart showing what is in each subscription on the GFI Partner area. Here's a link: http://partners.gfi.com/licensing.asp

Look down the page and to to "Pricing and Licensing Examples and FAQ", then to Kerio Connect 9.3. Expanding this gets you to a table of the Plus, Professional and Premium licensing options.

Heather Paunet
VP, Product

•  

Thank you Heather. As far as I can see, this will mean a pricing increase of at least 15-20%, depending on the options.
Would you be so kind to explain the justification for this price increase? So I can try to explain this to my customers?
Because at the moment, I haven't got a single clue how to explain this to them.

(% edited taking euro/dollar conversion into account)
  •  
Carly  (GFI) is currently offline Carly (GFI)

IP: 24.23.139.114
Hi Backspin - I recommend you reach out to your distributor or channel sales person to review pricing information in detail and answer your questions fully.
  •  

Hi csherman, thanks for the reply, I will do this tomorrow.

IP: 5.102.254.126
Hi Heather,

thank you for the answer.

I am familiar with the table, I have two Licensing questions that are not covered in the FAQ:

1) what if my client doesn't wish to use the anti-spam and anti-virus license, but just the Activesync, how this is priced?

2) what if my client doesn't wish to get updates, support, anti-spam and anti-virus license, but just the Activesync, how this is priced?

-Roei
Previous Topic: publish a hidden "well-known" http-folder with the integrated webserver
Next Topic: Connect snom VoIP phone to public contacts via LDAP
Goto Forum:

] [ PDF ]

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Dec 16 14:03:42 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.89413 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.