Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Best way to restore single folder
  •  
Backspin

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

I have a user who accidentally deleted all of the e-mails in the inboxes of multiple accounts.
Problem is that she only found out 6 days later, and in these 6 days a lot of new e-mails have arrived in these accounts.

I used kmsrecover to extract all the inboxes from the backup, but used the -s option to restore them temporarily to a different directory outside of the kerio store directory. This to prevent the standard setting of overwriting the actual Inbox in the accounts (which would overwrite all the new mails in the current Inboxes, including their subfolders).

Is there any easy way to put backup the folders I restored from the backup into a different subfolder of the accounts and make Kerio recognize them? For example a 'Restored_from_backup' folder in the accounts? And this without shutting down/restarting Kerio?

I know that if you create a folder from the terminal in an account, Kerio won't recognize this folder. But if I create an empty folder in the webmail, and then replace it's contents via the terminal with the contents of the restored folders, will this work? Or is there some other, better way?

Hope someone can help me out here, thanks!

•  
rigo

Yea, make folder via webmail and then dump email files from recovered folder into that new folder created in webmail on your terminal. You run a reindex for user email to make sure all is well.
  •  
Backspin

Thanks Rigo, this is exactly what I did. I created a new empyt folder in every affected acccount via webmail.
Then stopped kerio, copied all the files from the restored #msgs folders to the affected accounts from the command line, started kerio, and reindexed the accounts through webadmin.
I only copied the files in the #msgs folders, not the ones outside this folder (properties.fld, index.fld etc) to prevent problems with access rights and duplicate folder uuid's.

Happy to say this all worked and all the accidentally deleted mail is back.

Previous Topic: KOFF - Kerio account and Exchange account in one profile?
Next Topic: Empty PDF when sending email with Webmail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 00:24:55 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00355 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.