Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » untagged VLAN (is is possible to create VLANs that don't get 802.1q tagged)
  •  
engineerongliss

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I have a Kerio control NG300. I have a few working tagged VLANs, I'd like to know if I can create untagged ones on a standalone interface
Thank you
Best,
Julien
  •  
blturner

Generally there can only be 1 untagged VLAN on a port. But that is just a different way of saying that all untagged traffic on a port is a specific VLAN. On a smart network switch that is relevant, I don't know that it is on a router.

You could have routing rules that take untagged traffic from one port and forward it out a different port that is tagged.

I have never tried to make an untagged VLAN on Kerio. If it's not relevant then the settings will not be there.
  •  
engineerongliss

Hi,

thanks for the replies. I found a way, just adding another IP address to the LAN interface. I would prefer to have a separate interface so I can apply traffic shaping to it.

If you say there can only be 1 untagged VLAN then it's not going to happen. I'll stay with my current configuration with several IPs on the LAN interface. The devices on the other subnets (the ones I would like to be untagged VLANs too) are kind of special (marine communications) and would not know how to tag traffic or handle tagged traffic.

Thanks again

Previous Topic: Gigabit Internet - CPU specs
Next Topic: Primary Interface has problem with connection to the Exchange server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 11:40:35 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00426 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.