Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Multiple Domain config and changes
  •  
weareswitch

Send a private message to this user
We have several domains setup at the moment, but for the sake of simplicity they can be summarised as:

Domain_old1 (Primary)
Domain_old2 (Secondary) - Domain_new (alias)

All of the users in Domain_old1 are using MAC and all of the users in Domain_old2 are using PC.

Prior to a recent HW and SW refresh the MAC users were using Entourage, and through config in Kerio Connect and Entourage, ALL users were able to mimic/spoof Domain_new as their sending address.

Now that the MAC users are using Outlook 2016 they can no longer send mail as anything other that Domain_old1.

The question is, whats the best solution to allowing ALL users to send as Domain_new, given that there is no requirement for the to be separated into 2 domains moving forward.

Clearly I want to minimise downtime and disruption, so pure config changes, would be better than more complex migrations where I need to take the server down for an extended period.

My first thought is that I could change Domain_old1 to Domain_new, which would make Domain_new the primary domain and Domain_old1 an alias.

So:

Domain_new (Primary) - Domain_old1 (alias)
Domain_old2 (Secondary) - Domain_new (Alias)

I do not know whether I can then still have Domain_new as an alias for Domain_old2 once it is the primary domain. I assume not.

Therefore, I am guessing that I will have to do that and then migrate the users in Domain_old2 to Domain_new (I have a bookmark to a how to guide for this but as a noob I cannot post the link).

Resulting in:

Domain_new (Primary) - Domain_old1 (alias) & Domain_old2 (alias)

Any alternate solutions or thoughts on this would be appreciated.

[Updated on: Tue, 17 October 2017 14:13]

Previous Topic: Bug in Outlook
Next Topic: mail delivery error, TLS, handshake failure
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 15:21:18 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00430 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.