Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » The acquisition -- I am worried (GFI's acquisition of Kerio Connect has not instilled confidence)
  •  
Will Mayall

Send a private message to this user
What happens when one firm acquires another? There are three basic scenerios: things get better, stay the same, or get worse.

But no matter the scenario, existing customers worry. This is especially true when the product is mission critical.

I'd argue that GFI has done just about everything possible so far to make existing customers worry even more:

1. The product is no longer sold directly.
2. Prices appear to have gone up.
3. The first product update did not go smoothly.
4. Communication to existing customers has been mediocre.

Kerio Connect is a somewhat remarkable product. It's reasonably priced, pretty rock solid, feature rich, user friendly, and had a strongly supportive client base. Kerio Connect exists in an increasingly niche market space and treating your existing customers well is of paramount importance.

Not once have I read anything from GFI that gives me the sense that they plan to improve Kerio Connect and support it for the long run. It actually feels like it's just all about GFI and not about the customer.

I am worried.

Will Mayall

P.S. I've got some history in the email world. Many moons ago I co-founded Fog City Software which created the first multi-service, multi-account email client: Emailer. We also created LetterRip, an early mailing list server.
  •  
rigo

Take a look at https://www.gfi.com/welcome-kerio and https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1425&v=bqc05 5Nmapc

I hope model illustrated in video holds true, so far there was rocky update release but that is to be expected. Price structure looks not well throughout and that is worrisome, sure hope they iron it all out as Kerio's future hangs in the balance.

[Updated on: Sat, 21 October 2017 03:38]

•  
MacLab

Selling direct is not necessarily a good thing. It competes with resellers. I hear you on other points.

I remember LetterRip Smile

MacLab, Inc.
Kerio Certified Partner, Reseller, Hosting Provider, Kerio Connect Certified.
http://maclaboratory.com
  •  
fleecy

I must say I am worried as well.

So far, GFI has managed to charge more AND provide a worse product experience. Our recent contacts with GFI support re: Kerio products have not led to resolution in a timely manner or at all.

New product releases (both software & hardware) feel botched and rushed, and have major bugs in them.

Cloud services are also affected, with more outages and longer wait times to talk to support about them.

This ship needs a better captain, please.
  •  
beachmat

Having to use a reseller just to renew maintenance is a hassle. And the store link on the GFI site gives a 404 at the moment - doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
Previous Topic: Share screen and video chat using apple Messages
Next Topic: possible security issue
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 16:44:28 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00414 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.