Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect Traffic Chart HTTP showing intermittent drop connection (Traffic Chart Connections/HTTP-2 hours showing intermittent drop connection)
  •  
network

Send a private message to this user
Hi Everyone,
Anyone ever encounter this issue? Please refer to the attachment files for more details.
Is that a normal traffic chart? any idea what is the root cause?

Thanks.

• Attachment: Kerio.GIF
    (Size: 146.89KB, Downloaded 62 times)

NA
  •  
AndreasL

take a look in your kerio logfiles (debug). Maybe a restart of the kerio services?
  •  
network

AndreasL wrote on Thu, 26 October 2017 15:32
take a look in your kerio logfiles (debug). Maybe a restart of the kerio services?

Thanks Andreas for your reply, however i didn't see any restart HTTP service in Kerio Debug logs. Do you have other idea what is the root cause?

Thank you.

NA
  •  
AndreasL

Not only the http service - the whole kerio. No restarts in debug log? ok.

Then maybe a problem with the network enviroment:
Switch reboot?
Firewall temporary blocks?
Network connection lost?
Heavy work load at I/O system or disk and the server cant respond?
Any problems in the server logfiles at this time?

You have no traffic in the log at this time. Is something else running on this server? If yes, do you have outtakes too? I think it's not Kerio related.

Andreas
  •  
network

AndreasL wrote on Sat, 28 October 2017 18:58
Not only the http service - the whole kerio. No restarts in debug log? ok.

Then maybe a problem with the network enviroment:
Switch reboot?
Firewall temporary blocks?
Network connection lost?
Heavy work load at I/O system or disk and the server cant respond?
Any problems in the server logfiles at this time?

You have no traffic in the log at this time. Is something else running on this server? If yes, do you have outtakes too? I think it's not Kerio related.

Andreas

Hi Andreas,
Thanks for your input. Anyway, from the debug logs, all is normal, nothing showing that the service is restarted. Switch and LAN cable changed, No firewall blocking. Fyi, this server is running Kerio Connect service only. I believe it is nothing else will affected Kerio service.

Regarding the Heavy work load at I/O system or disk and the server cant respond. It might be this problem, but how to make sure that the I/O system is heavy load. As I see the server usage is really low (CPU less than 3%, RAM around 20%, Storage 5%, Network port is 1Gb and average usage is 5-10Mb only).

Thank you.

NA
  •  
bm

[Updated on: Sun, 29 October 2017 16:45]

•  
network

bm wrote on Sun, 29 October 2017 16:22
This is GFI code related CPU problem. Take look on CPU graph in System Health panel. I have same issue...

This problem started after version 9.2, when Kerio added support for 64-bit CPUs . This bug randomly freezes and restart the Winroute processes. There is no log or debug message around. Only thing what really works is switch back to (one year old) version 9.1.4, what is really crazy...

GFI know about this problem, but they do nothing...

Thanks bm for your input, however i'm still using ver8.3. Is this also code related with CPU problem?
As of now my cpu usage is really low, not more than 3%.

NA
  •  
bm

I'm so sorry. I have talked about Kerio Control not Kerio Connect. I'm apologize...
  •  
network

bm wrote on Sun, 29 October 2017 23:44
I'm so sorry. I have talked about Kerio Control not Kerio Connect. I'm apologize...

is ok bm, anyway thanks.

NA
  •  
network

Hi Everyone, have any idea about this issue?

NA
  •  
Geert

Hello,

I guess you use a server with block storage ? Connect can't handle all traffic when u use block storage,
so that's why u get a small drop. U will also see the drop in RAM.

[Updated on: Tue, 31 October 2017 10:40]

•  
network

Geert wrote on Tue, 31 October 2017 17:40
Hello,

I guess you use a server with block storage ? Connect can't handle all traffic when u use block storage,
so that's why u get a small drop. U will also see the drop in RAM.

Hi Geert,
Thanks for your input, did you mean SAN storage? if yes, your are correct, we are using SAN storage for the mails data. So this issue consider as normal if using block storage? do you have any idea to prevent this issue?

Btw there is no drop in RAM, you may refer to the screenshot. RAM is always stable.

Thanks.

NA
  •  
Geert

SAN is indeed block storage. Block storage is the name that Linode and Digital Ocean is using for it. We discovered the same error after we went from local storage to SAN. The only solution i can think of, is going back to local storage. If I ain't wrong Kerio also don't recommend it to use SAN.
  •  
network

Geert wrote on Wed, 01 November 2017 00:55
SAN is indeed block storage. Block storage is the name that Linode and Digital Ocean is using for it. We discovered the same error after we went from local storage to SAN. The only solution i can think of, is going back to local storage. If I ain't wrong Kerio also don't recommend it to use SAN.

thanks Geert for your input, did you found any article that Kerio indicate not recommend using block storage? Also, any other solution beside use local storage?

thanks

NA
  •  
Geert

No I called support for this problem and they told me. But we are working now for 2 years with this solution, and beside the drops nobody complains about it. Maybe you can contact Kerio and ask how they do it with there own Kerio cloud solution.
Previous Topic: Detected Server Timezone wrong since upgrade to 9.2.5 patch 3
Next Topic: Kerio 9.2.5 Patch 3
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 22:11:14 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00558 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.