Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Why can not I choose wildcard SSL in Kerio?
  •  
Francyz

Send a private message to this user
Sorry for my English!

Greetings from the comrades!
I recently ordered a WildCard certificate from Comodo, multi-domains - * .domain.ru, so as not to buy on every domain on the network.
But kerio does not want to choose it as the main certificate. The import is normal, it is present in the list, but you can not select this certificate: neither for vpn, nor radius, nor as the main one for the web.
Those. it turns out that there is a certificate, but it can not be chosen.
  •  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

After you import the signed certificate you have to configure various features to use it. This help topic describes the various components that require you to select an SSL certificate http://manuals.gfi.com/en/kerio/control/content/ssl-certific ates/changing-ssl-certificates-in-kerio-control-1982.html

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
Francyz

That's what I'm talking about. The certificate I imported can not be selected. It is not in the drop-down lists.
./fa/4745/0/

• Attachment: 8.png
    (Size: 18.34KB, Downloaded 59 times)
  •  
Francyz

Certificate imported.
./fa/4746/0/

• Attachment: 7.png
    (Size: 13.20KB, Downloaded 54 times)
  •  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

Ok I see. It seems you have imported the certificate without the private key. Have you generated the certificate request using some other software? If so you need to get the private key from this request and import it with the certificate.

Brian Carmichael
  •  
Francyz

Sorry for my English!

I did not generate a request for Kerio. I wrote in the beginning that I have a Wildcard SSL certificate. Multi-domain. In the title of the topic, I also indicated that I have Wildcard, not a personal certificate.
Do I understand correctly that kerio works only with private personal keys? That is, so that the kerio could use the certificate, I need to generate a personal certificate for the server and not use the multi-domain?
  •  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

Kerio Control supports wildcard certificates, however in order to encrypt communication you need to install the private key. So you need to export the private key from the system that manages it. Most likely you will export it as a PKCS#12 archive that has an extension of .pfx or .p12. You can then import this file into Kerio Control.

Brian Carmichael
  •  
Francyz

Previous Topic: Open http port
Next Topic: Kerio Control vulnerable ? Stack Clash ?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 02:26:31 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00522 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.