Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Outlook Connector: Bad Windows Performance
  •  
RGoerg

Send a private message to this user
Hello!

I just want to pick up on the Windows/Outlook performance topic again. Customers complain about slow E-Mail search and delays when they switch between folders or from the E-Mail-View into the Calendar view etc. Those performance issues are a topic since several years. Now we have customers that seriously consider to switch back to Exchange.

The performance of the Kerio Outlook connector hasn't been improved since many years. Don't get me wrong, Kerio Connect is a great product, but in connection with Outlook and Windows the lack of performance is really annoying. Most of the Windows Customers don't want to use the Webinterface or the Kerio Connect Client and insist of using Outlook, especially customers that switched from Exchange to Kerio.

I don't understand why this problem seems not to be a subject of improvement? Are there at least any plans to address this issue in future?

Thanks,

René
  •  
gmaoret

+1 for us, our customers need the same improvement
  •  
Bud Durland

(IMHO Mode on)
This all started years ago when the "offline connector" became the only way to connect Outlook to Kerio connect. If GFI wants to make serious points, they should bring back the "on-line connector". For those who've never heard of it, it used IMAP & SMTP for mail message management, with a tiny connector stub to handle calendar, contact, and task managment.
(/IMHO mode)
I understand that some users need 24x7 access to their mail store, even when they don't have an internet connection. Fine, they can continue to use KOFF. The rest of us really want the speed that would come from the on-line connector.
  •  
dolfs

Would be great to have fast search in Outlook with KOFF.
  •  
Carconnex

+1 for us too! I've posted about this in the past but it's still not working as it should!
  •  
Wilco

+1

Kerio Connect 9.2.3 on Windows Server 2012 R2 (dutch)
Previous Topic: [SOLVED]Apple Calendar.app - No invites possible
Next Topic: OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) and 10.10 (Yosemite) important information
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 23:22:30 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00434 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.