Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Crippling Kerio Connect with an expired license! ("PERPETUAL" LICENSE not longer includes ActiveSync)
  •  
wag357 is currently offline wag357

IP: 65.51.44.94
<rant>
After 10+ years of maintaining my Connect license at this site, a paperwork glitch caused the renewal to get approved the day before the license expiration.
As expected, AntiVirus and AntiSpam shut off. (I think it should stay on but not update, but I concede to it working this way.)

But WAIT, my outside sales force floods IT in a panic as they CAN'T WORK!
I look at the server console, which initially told me access to administration was BLOCKED, until I rebooted the physical server, and I find ActiveSync disabled!

I called my reseller who tells me he has my renewal BUT he has to order through distribution now so it will take some time to get me an updated license. NO PROBLEM, my company can wait to make sales.

It isn't his fault, I know, it's GFI for hobbling software I've relied on and faithfully paid maintenance for, for over a decade. Perpetual license of a mail server that doesn't allow activesync is a useless perpetual license in today's business world! I see this policy as a kind of ransomware.

I LOVED Kerio as it was. This is not the first time that software I've used has been bought by GFI and then slowly killed. I predict GFI will lose Kerio customers until such time as they unload the product line at which point it will be too late for Kerio to recover.

Best example, Vipre. It was on the rise, GFI bought from Sunbelt and destroyed it. They dropped it like a hot rock and now it's being sold to the non computer savvy on late night shopping channels. (yes I've seen it)
</rant>
  •  
Backspin is currently offline Backspin

IP: 92.111.188.112
AFAIK, Activesync has been part of the SWM for a few years now. So it's not a GFI-thing.

Edit: looked it up, it's a paid service since 2013: http://www.kerio.com/blog/exchange-activesync-becomes-paid-s ervice-kerio-connect
  •  
wag357 is currently offline wag357

IP: 65.51.44.94
Paid I get. If I purchased it with Kerio Mail Server, why should it not run in it's current version indefinitely? I get if new Office comes out and ActiveSync is updated you are SOL but I should still be able to use the version I last paid for.
It's not like AV or anti-SPAM which update definitions daily.
  •  
gmaoret is currently offline gmaoret

IP: 89.186.68.35
Cause ActiveSync is a Microsoft proprietary license rent by annual fee.
It is Microsoft policy, not GFI's or Kerio's.
  •  
ORM is currently offline ORM

IP: 92.27.31.184
gmaoret is correct in this.
Previous Topic: Double Clicking message popup painfully slow
Next Topic: Kerio mail on unsecure wifi
Goto Forum:

] [ PDF ]

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Dec 17 16:41:28 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 1.40898 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.