- Bud Durland
We have about 400 users in one domain, spread over 3 geographic sites, and a 2.3TB mail store. We are currently running KC on a virtualized linux system. I am considering implementing a distributed domain system to help alleviate the performance issues, and hope someone can share their experience with it. Some considerations:
- We use a mix of local database and Kerberos (against Windows AD). I presume I have to convert all the accounts to use AD authentication. This raises it's own challenge because each site has it's own AD domain
- Some users have mail stores in excess of 10GB. I presume that when I move a user from one server to another, the user's data (mail, contacts, etc) is transferred. Do they have access to their mail during the transfer? Over a 10MB connection, some of them will take a while.
- does meeting schedule free busy search work between sites?
- I understand resources do not work between sites, and neither do public shared folders. We have a lot of shared public folders, but most are site-specific.
- I'll need to work with my re-seller to divvy up my existing licenses, I suppose.
Haven't really decided to go this route yet, but very interested in hearing about real-world experience.
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum
members and may contain information and material posted by members which may
be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not
intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any
information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the
posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in
the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the
discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the
company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to
monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of