Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Looking for advice on distributed domains?
  •  
Bud Durland

Send a private message to this user
We have about 400 users in one domain, spread over 3 geographic sites, and a 2.3TB mail store. We are currently running KC on a virtualized linux system. I am considering implementing a distributed domain system to help alleviate the performance issues, and hope someone can share their experience with it. Some considerations:

• We use a mix of local database and Kerberos (against Windows AD). I presume I have to convert all the accounts to use AD authentication. This raises it's own challenge because each site has it's own AD domain
  • Some users have mail stores in excess of 10GB. I presume that when I move a user from one server to another, the user's data (mail, contacts, etc) is transferred. Do they have access to their mail during the transfer? Over a 10MB connection, some of them will take a while.
  • does meeting schedule free busy search work between sites?
  • I understand resources do not work between sites, and neither do public shared folders. We have a lot of shared public folders, but most are site-specific.
  • I'll need to work with my re-seller to divvy up my existing licenses, I suppose.

Haven't really decided to go this route yet, but very interested in hearing about real-world experience.
Previous Topic: Sync does not work Microsoft Outlook 2007 and mobile phone Android.
Next Topic: Outlook FDB file size
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 19 20:24:08 CET 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 1.14139 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.