Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Restricting SMTP for users (How do I restrict SMTP with a User Access Policy?)
  •  
zbit

Send a private message to this user
Hey Everyone,

I am wondering how do I restrict SMTP for certain users with a User Access Policy. There are options for every other protocol, but no SMTP!

I need to be able to restrict SMTP for certain users to be on the local network only.

The scenario is that I only want approved users to have SMTP enabled from outside the network. We have had an incident with a user account being used as a relay, and this wouldn't happen if I could restrict SMTP to the local network on a per user basis. (All their other access is restricted, but I didn't realise that SMTP was not included)

Thanks, Ryan
  •  
Bud Durland

There's an option that does not allow users to send or receive messages outside their own domain. Does that help?
  •  
zbit

Thanks. But I'd like them to be able to email external addresses. I'd just like to restrict them to only being able to send emails while they are on the local network.

I find it strange there isn't an option. The mail server gets hammered by password guessing attacks, and there is no way to turn this off on a per user basis.

•  
TheMilkMen

** Edit **

Apologies I just realised this won't work so removed it

[Updated on: Thu, 21 December 2017 20:02]

•  
zbit

Thanks. Yes there is no option for SMTP, which seems ridiculous. The server gets absolutely hammered by SMTP password guessing attacks, and I can't turn it off unless I turn it off for everyone!
Previous Topic: Blocking malicious click invoice e-mails
Next Topic: Kerio connect windows 9.2.3 backup and encryption options
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 24 15:00:40 CEST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 1.18671 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.