Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Manage emails outside the office hours (Manage emails outside the office hours)
  •  
kevin sidvi

Send a private message to this user
Hi evereyone ,
I would like to block emails outside the office hours.(creating rules, scheduling emails...) I can't find any way to block or reject mail Confused . is it possible? thank you in advance for your answer.

regards kevin.
  •  
kingswaygroup

It is always helpful to state the version of your software as features are added and your version may not have the feature you need.

In any case, we have the luxury of having what you may be looking for in our firewall by turning on/off policies at certain times but within Kerio Connect I came across Time Ranges in the administration screens within Configuration-> Definitions and if you look in Configuration -> Delivery the final tab is for Scheduling. The manual shows this to be

• Download messages from a remote POP3 server
• Receive messages using the ETRN command to defined servers
• Send messages from the message queue

Notably there is nothing here that would restrict the incoming mail or to stop/start the mail server completely at certain hours (something more on the OS level and you want to be aware of your backup window if you are using the backup within Kerio Connect).

With further definition maybe the Kerio Connect team would consider what you are hoping to find.

David Green
  •  
Bud Durland

Kevin -- Not sure what you are trying to accomplish. Way back, I used an anti-spam product called "Declude". In it's configuration, I could define "work hours", and have it assign a higher spam probability score to messages received outside that range. It might be possible to create a SpamAssassin rule that mimics that behavior, but I don't know how.
  •  
kevin sidvi

so the feature does not exist... Sad since 2017, french law requires to deny access to mail outside working hours.
do developers work on a feature that can block smtp ports?
We would also like to be able to have a message of absence from the office according to a schedule.
I could try to sell kerio control to my client.
thanks for your reply Smile
  •  
kevin sidvi

No Message Body

[Updated on: Wed, 03 January 2018 09:32]

Previous Topic: Is it port 8443 or port 8843?
Next Topic: Shared Contacts not showing in Apple Contacts
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Dec 17 16:20:09 CET 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 1.16904 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.