Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Auto Discover local IP address
  •  
rickgmac

Messages: 1
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
Anyone notice that the auto discover record is providing internal IP Addresses

This is our output via the Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyser

Autodiscover Account Settings
XML response:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Autodiscover xmlns:xsd="h.ttp://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="h.ttp://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns=" h.ttp://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/response schema/2006">
<Response xmlns=" h.ttp://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/outlook/ responseschema/2006a">
<User>
<DisplayName>Administrator</DisplayName>
</User>
<Account>
<AccountType>email</AccountType>
<Action>settings</Action>
<Protocol>
<Type>EXCH</Type>
<Server>192.168.xx.xx</Server>
<ASUrl>h.ttp://192.168.xx.xx/EWS/Exchange.asmx</ASUrl>
<OOFUrl>h.ttp://192.168.xx.xx/EWS/Exchange.asmx</OOFUrl>
<Port>0</Port>
<DirectoryPort>0</DirectoryPort>
<ReferralPort>0</ReferralPort>
<AD>192.168.xx.xx</AD>
<EwsUrl>h.ttp://192.168.xx.xx/EWS/Exchange.asmx</EwsUrl>
</Protocol>
<Protocol>
<Type>SMTP</Type>
<Server>192.168.xx.xx</Server>
<Port>25</Port>
<DirectoryPort>0</DirectoryPort>
<ReferralPort>0</ReferralPort>
<SSL>off</SSL>
<LoginName>admin<_at_>domain.com</LoginName>
<DomainRequired>off</DomainRequired>
<SPA>off</SPA>
</Protocol>
<Protocol>
<Type>SMTP</Type>
<Server>192.168.xx.xx</Server>
<Port>465</Port>
<DirectoryPort>0</DirectoryPort>
<ReferralPort>0</ReferralPort>
<SSL>on</SSL>
<LoginName>admin<_at_>domain.com</LoginName>
<DomainRequired>off</DomainRequired>
<SPA>off</SPA>
</Protocol>
<Protocol>
<Type>IMAP</Type>
<Server>192.168.xx.xx</Server>
<Port>143</Port>
<DirectoryPort>0</DirectoryPort>
<ReferralPort>0</ReferralPort>
<SSL>off</SSL>
<LoginName>admin<_at_>domain.com</LoginName>
<DomainRequired>off</DomainRequired>
<SPA>off</SPA>
</Protocol>
<Protocol>
<Type>IMAP</Type>
<Server>192.168.xx.xx</Server>
<Port>993</Port>
<DirectoryPort>0</DirectoryPort>
<ReferralPort>0</ReferralPort>
<SSL>on</SSL>
<LoginName>admin<_at_>domain.com</LoginName>
<DomainRequired>off</DomainRequired>
<SPA>off</SPA>
</Protocol>
<Protocol>
<Type>POP3</Type>
<Server>192.168.xx.xx</Server>
<Port>110</Port>
<DirectoryPort>0</DirectoryPort>
<ReferralPort>0</ReferralPort>
<SSL>off</SSL>
<LoginName>admin<_at_>domain.com</LoginName>
<DomainRequired>off</DomainRequired>
<SPA>off</SPA>
</Protocol>
<Protocol>
<Type>POP3</Type>
<Server>192.168.xx.xx</Server>
<Port>995</Port>
<DirectoryPort>0</DirectoryPort>
<ReferralPort>0</ReferralPort>
<SSL>on</SSL>
<LoginName>admin<_at_>domain.com</LoginName>
<DomainRequired>off</DomainRequired>
<SPA>off</SPA>
</Protocol>
<Protocol>
<Type>CalDAV</Type>
<Server>h.ttps://192.168.xx.xx/caldav/users/domain.com/admin/</Server>
<Port>443</Port>
<DirectoryPort>0</DirectoryPort>
<ReferralPort>0</ReferralPort>
<SSL>on</SSL>
<LoginName>admin<_at_>domain.com</LoginName>
<DomainRequired>off</DomainRequired>
<SPA>off</SPA>
</Protocol>
<Protocol>
<Type>CardDAV</Type>
<Server>h.ttps://192.168.xx.xx/caldav/users/domain.com/admin/</Server>
<Port>443</Port>
<DirectoryPort>0</DirectoryPort>
<ReferralPort>0</ReferralPort>
<SSL>on</SSL>
<LoginName>admin<_at_>domain.com</LoginName>
<DomainRequired>off</DomainRequired>
<SPA>off</SPA>
</Protocol>
</Account>
</Response>
</Autodiscover>
HTTP Response Headers:
Pragma: no-cache
X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Content-Length: 3236
Cache-Control: no-cache
Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2018 02:17:59 GMT
Expires: -1
Server: Apache
Elapsed Time: 1378 ms.
  •  
matthealey

Messages: 39
Karma: 6
Send a private message to this user
Just to explain what's happening here...

It seems that the autodiscover.xml file is dynamically generated depending on the host header you are connecting via.

For example, if you connect via autodiscover.blah.com the xml will contain autodiscover.blah.com. If you connect via mail.blah.com, then you'll get mail.blah.com etc.

What was happening in this case was there was a reverse proxy firewall in front of Kerio and it was not passing the original host header through to Kerio Connect, so KC defaulted to using it's own internal IP.

As soon as we started to pass the host header through the proxy, the autodiscover.xml record contained the correct domain.
  •  
anarvey

Messages: 40
Karma: 4
Send a private message to this user
--As soon as we started to pass the host header through the proxy, the autodiscover.xml record contained the correct domain.

What method did you use to pass the host header through the proxy?
Previous Topic: Mail suddenly stopped connecting on iPad
Next Topic: BUG - Kerio SPF test blocks not only mail that FAIL but even mail that SOFT FAIL
Goto Forum:
  


Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Dec 16 14:22:56 CET 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.78396 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.
Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.4.