Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migration Time from Mac to VM (ETA migrating from Mac Pro to VM w/ 1.3TB of Mails)
  •  
einsatz-support

Send a private message to this user
Dear Kerio Forum,

we're migrating to VMWare and have to migrate our Kerio Connect Mail Server 9.2.5 on a Mac Pro connected to an Apple XServe RAID sporting 1.3 TB of Mail Data.
The Full Backup takes about 23 hrs - how long might the recovery to the Kerio VM Appliance take or should I consider a different approach due to the size - because its close to 60 Accounts and I can't afford any day without mail traffic except on the weekends if necessary.

Thank you all loads and best regards,

Tobias, einsatz-support
  •  
Backspin

I once did this with rsync. It minimizes downtime to about 5 minutes, but is not the officially recommended procedure. See here:
http://forums.kerio.com/m/73899/10729/d096e929be164ad5ea3eca 9d89cb612e/#msg_73899

If you are migrating to a different OS (you probably are moving to Linux), then take special note of the different store locations (/usr/local/kerio on mac, /opt/kerio on Linux) and adjust them in mailserver.cfg accordingly. If you are moving to a Windows VM then don't use this procedure.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 January 2018 15:48]

•  
Bud Durland

What backspin said. Our mailstore was about the same size, for 300 users, when we migrated from Windows to Linux. I used Samba and rsync, pretty much as described in the linked thread. I stumbled on a file count limitation in rsync at first. The limit is on the total number of files that can be processed. I found a script on-line that worked around it for me.

Going from the Mac environment to Linux should be able to use just NFS and rsync, I believe. Migration to Windows would have similar methodology, but would probably involve Samba and RoboCopy.
Previous Topic: IP ADDRESS SHOWING IN THIS FORUM
Next Topic: Is Kerio capable to run over 350 users?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 18 12:47:47 CET 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.79784 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.