Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Setup Assistant not working in High Sierra (10.13)
  •  
ericbullock is currently offline ericbullock

Send a private message to this user
The setup assistant seems to be broken with regard to configuring CardDAV accounts on macOS 10.13.2. If I leave the option to configure Contacts enabled the installer just sits at the step where its "Preparing account for first time use". If I disable the option to configure Contacts the installer finishes without issue. Server is running Connect 9.2.5 patch 3.

Looks like Kerio has some work to do to re-fix this process. I wish there were a way to add the personal and public accounts manually! THe instructions found here do NOT work:

https://manuals.gfi.com/en/kerio/connect/content/os-x/how-to -manually-create-a-carddav-account-in-apple-address-book-721 .html

Thanks...
  •  
Johan Gunverth is currently offline Johan Gunverth

Add the Public Folder account with <username><_at_>domain.com and it will work
  •  

Johan Gunverth wrote on Tue, 09 January 2018 10:18
Add the Public Folder account with <username><_at_>domain.com and it will work

Hello Johan. Thanks for the post. Can you please clarify a bit? Are you saying that for the user name on the public account to use their entire email address? And then specify the server path as indicated in the instructions I referenced in my original post?
  •  
Johan Gunverth is currently offline Johan Gunverth

Yes. Both username and primary mail address are good for user account and the trick was is to have different user accounts for the same server.
  •  

Thanks! I'll try that. I would like to not be required to use the setup assistant just for this CardDAV situation (to have both public and personal accounts). Its too fragile.
  •  
lunddal is currently offline lunddal

Johan Gunverth wrote on Tue, 09 January 2018 16:50
Yes. Both username and primary mail address are good for user account and the trick was is to have different user accounts for the same server.

That doesn't work for me.
  •  

Yes...same here. We've opened a ticket with support on this.
  •  
fishtech is currently offline fishtech

Please update when you have some news.

FWIW, I just force-quit the installer on a 10.13 client and the Mail app was actually configured.

ft.
  •  

Yes...that is true. However...Contacts is not fully configured since the Assistant does not successfully complete. Every other service (Mail, Calendar, Chat) seems to work OK.
  •  
scorn@bfmdigital.com is currently offline scorn@bfmdigital.com

I am also having this same issue. Is it possible to export the contact list from a web browser?
  •  
MacGuguSS is currently offline MacGuguSS

problem since September 2017: not solve !!

•  

Allegedly this will be corrected in Connect 9.3.x.

Rolling Eyes
  •  
robfoster is currently offline robfoster

I also have this problem, just to add my 2 cents
  •  
BUBI is currently offline BUBI

Same problem here, does anybody when they fix it?
francisbrand is currently offline francisbrand

I've had this problem for awhile too. I also have always had a problem with the Mac/Kerio contacts integration. Pre High Sierra (and Public Folder/Kerio Assistant problem) I found that I often had to delete the contact accounts and put back in as they stopped syncing with the server. Got caution sign and the console said there was a conflict trying to write contact such and such. Never been able to resolve.
Previous Topic: Problems after upgrade on 9.2.6 - too many connections, time zone
Next Topic: SMTP won't start - port 25 already in use - Stock KC VM appliance
Goto Forum:

] [ PDF ]

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon May 21 11:00:14 CEST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 1.02912 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.