Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » New version
  •  
breakplease is currently offline breakplease

Send a private message to this user
Does we see a new version soon?

Last year we enjoyed the big version jump from 9.2.2 to 9.2.5. I dont remember any big changes und features for the endusers.
Where is the return for the annual maintenance costs all our customers pay?

Thanks
Juerg
  •  
Bud Durland is currently offline Bud Durland

<snark mode>
The return is you get a new licensing model that lets you pay for the privilege of using kerio connect every year
</snark mode>
  •  
breakplease is currently offline breakplease

Wow cool. I am looking forward to pay for that. I ask the customers, maybe they would like pay voluntary a bit for KOFF too, becuase it works so nice with terminalservers and roaming profiles!
  •  
sara.alamin is currently offline sara.alamin

Hi all,

Do you know if the new version will support any kind of authentication techniques like DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE) ? if not, is it included in the future updates?

•  
valshare is currently offline valshare

I think you never will see a new version with new features! GFI looks not interested in that. My plans for 2018 is to change the email and firewall system away from Kerio/gfi
  •  
chrwei is currently offline chrwei

https://www.gfi.com/support/products/Licensing-update-in-Ker io-and-Exinda-products

IDK why they aren't announcing this via all channels. so far the subscriptions is no different than your current support contracts, which is good, but with the lack of transparency from GFI I'm not sure how much i trust it to stay that way.

what worse to me is they seem to be planning to spring this on everyone at release. like "oh by the way, you'll have to go through an account creation/verification process instead of just clicking a button and walking away".

increasing the user packs to 10 is a dick move too, when everyone else is moving to single user packs.
  •  
Heather P is currently offline Heather P

Hi all,
We will be releasing a new version of Kerio Connect which supports licensing with Accounts.GFI.com We have backlog and roadmap for Kerio Connect, and continue to use feedback.gfi.com to help us prioritize.

We value all opinions, and appreciate all who join in to be part of this of community, but please note that discussing and recommending competitive products violates our acceptable use policy. Posts recommending or advocating competitive products will be removed. These discussions are best held using another medium.

Heather Paunet
VP, Product

•  
Brian (GFI/Kerio) is currently offline Brian (GFI/Kerio)

Hi Chrwei
The account creation is not necessary for existing installs. As noted in the link you referenced "When a licensed deployment of a Kerio product is upgraded to the January 2018 release version, the license key is mapped to a corresponding GFI Account and authenticated automatically. There is no action necessary by the administrator."

If you do not currently own a license to any Kerio product then you will be able to create a GFI account by registering for a trial.

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
valshare is currently offline valshare

No need to hurry. I am out. No big update since a year or so. Feature request like ‚Äěrename a user" is open since 2010 or better protection for ransomware you did not hear. Same for Kerio Control! Paying maintance but no new simple features since one year. Sorry, but thats a no go!
  •  
AndreasL is currently offline AndreasL

After end of maintenance you will loose 8 contracts with ~500 user total. This is done by unacceptable license pricing for Kerio Connect by GFI. Sorry, no renewal. You (GFI) should think about the pricing very soon. A raise of >40% is not acceptable. You can delete every posting to other products but all people here knew where most of the old Kerio developers goes to. So we dont need to promote any names.

I have serious discussions to my costumers about renewal maintenance and all of them ask me 'is this real or you just joking?'
  •  
chrwei is currently offline chrwei

this is just confusing with no announcement of the change.

proactively communicate with your customers on all changes. that's all I'm asking.

the 10 user pack min is more of an issue for me. in the 8 years I've been using Connect I've only added 2 5-user packs, and still have 2 unused. you're now going to force me to pay for 8 or 9 extra licenses i don't need next time?

companies don't hire people 10 at a time.
  •  
Heather P is currently offline Heather P

Please make sure you contact your distributor or channel manager to discuss licensing. They have all the information and will be able to answer your questions fully and quickly.

Heather Paunet
VP, Product

•  
mwd is currently offline mwd

When we discussed with our account manager they couldn't explain the reason for the massive price increase either. We won't be renewing with GFi.
  •  
bruggles is currently offline bruggles

Brian,

I logged into my GFI Account and my I have 2 contacts listed the second contact has an incorrect email address and looks like something barfed when the data came over from Kerio. I am unable to edit and delete the 2nd incorrect entry. I tried to open a Tech Support via email with GFI direct and that quickly went no where. Can you advise me (and others) how I can get this corrected?

TIA
bruggles is currently offline bruggles

TO GFI,

I think someone needs to get on the PR scene and start communicating with the End Users and release to all What the Upcoming Plan is for the year 2018 for Kerio products is. I think they as well would be ripped and upset if someone aquired a piece of software that GFI used and they where left in complete darkness as well.

It is only fair to the Existing Kerio customers for GFI to Post a note to all on what has been the holdup and issues so we at least know what is being done or not done. When selecting a software vendor transparency is one of the items I rank on and it would help clear the incorrect postings and let everyone know what is happening and where GFI is headed for a Resolve.

Hoping someone can reply from the GFI Team to all the End Users directly. It quite possibly might help retain some customers and set peoples minds at ease.

Rolling Eyes
Previous Topic: Goodbye Kerio ?
Next Topic: how create user mail filter in api/json?
Goto Forum:

] [ PDF ]

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Feb 21 19:58:39 CET 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 1.18810 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.