Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Cloud » Operator ver 2.6.1 in GFI/Kerio Cloud???
  •  
bigmountain is currently offline bigmountain

Send a private message to this user
I have a client attempting to migrate their GFI/Kerio Cloud instance of Operator over to us. The process should be pretty straight forward... backup Operator to MyKerio, download copy of backup, upload and restore backup to the new server. However, it appears GFI is running a version of Operator not available to the public. They are running version 2.6.1. The most recent release available to us is 2.6.0. So, the restoration to the new server fails because the the backup is of a newer version than the destination server. Has anyone else come across this? Were you able to get a binary upgrade copy of 2.6.1 from GFI?

Aside from this, I have some general concerns:

1. If they are running 2.6.1, which isn't even listed as a beta, are the GFI/Kerio Cloud customers serving as a guinea pig to perform their internal beta testing on?
2. If they are not making 2.6.1 available to the public, then how do they expect users to migrate if the source version doesn't really exist, hendering any successful migration using the recommended backup/restore method? In essence, it would appear the GFI/Kerio Cloud Operator clients are being held hostage.

My client has opened a ticket up with Support, hoping they can get a copy. We have had many successful Kerio Connect private server migrations from the GFI/Kerio Cloud, but this case is a bit different. If you have successfully migrated your Operator instance away from GFI/Kerio Cloud, what steps did you take and did you have to upgrade to 2.6.1 to do it?

Preferred Kerio Partner and Cloud Solutions Provider - Offering both shared and dedicated Kerio Connect hosting solutions.
Visit us at http://bigmountainmail.com
  •  
bigmountain is currently offline bigmountain

Send a private message to this user
Update: It seems 2.6.1 is a modified version for GFI's docker system and is not available, period. So, no solution as of yet on how to export a backup from Kerio Cloud Operator that will import into a customer's on-prem or hosted (elsewhere) Operator box. GFI is working with me to figure out a solution, but it probably should have been thought of/tested before moving the Operator boxes from vmware to docker, trapping their customers. However, I am hopeful they will figure this out and give their customers the freedom to migrate if they choose. Just another reason to avoid docker for use with Kerio products.

Preferred Kerio Partner and Cloud Solutions Provider - Offering both shared and dedicated Kerio Connect hosting solutions.
Visit us at http://bigmountainmail.com
Previous Topic: Server LDAP
Next Topic: Whitelist our IP?
Goto Forum:

] [ PDF ]

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Apr 21 08:11:03 CEST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 1.02704 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.