Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Goodbye Kerio ? (Missing features)
  •  
jbadziak2 is currently offline jbadziak2

Send a private message to this user
Hi Kerio Team,

Do You realize that last edition of the Kerio Connect (9.2.5 p3) was released in the late September of last year ? Do You also realize that You haven't published any road map for the further software development - basically as the customer I have no idea if the software will get developed any further and some of the vital functions will be added someday.

Let me just state couple of features which are missing and no one has ever replied to my ideas/suggestions:

1. Simple stuff - user rename - people get married and divorced - hell yeah - I can delete the mailbox then create a new one and copy the files (eml) from one folder to another. Do You really think it is the right way of doing that in the 21st century ?

2. Support for newer versions of linux distro's. Mail servers needs to be properly secured - this is sometimes guaranteed by the newer versions of kernels/ core libraries available only in the newer versions of distros. But do You follow this trend ? Is it true that the last version of the Ubuntu which is officially supported by the product is the 16.X ?

3. What has happened to the DMARC support. We've asked multiple times for the ability to read DMARC policies published by the senders and to send aggregated/forensic reports... Never happened - not implemented and not available.

4. GeoIP - my post to support the GeoIP and to restrict access to webmail/webadmin disappeared somewhere in the dark whole of the space of "suggested ideas"/ it would be so easy to restrict access for unwanted guests. But why would You ? Wouldn't it be easier to introduce a new (of course - paid feature) to the connect.

I've been paying for the licenses for 3 years so far. But here comes the truth - You have not included any important features in the product and then You dare to change the license cost to be somewhere about 30% more of the original price.

Our next renewal is due in March'2018 - in order to avoid advocacy for any other product - let me just say - I'll suggest to the management to pick something different. Perhaps a mailserver which name starts with P and ends with X.

Time to say goodbye... I feel really disappointed - I've implemented Kerio in at least 3 companies so far but ... It doesn't look like You treat Your Customers seriously.

Regards,

Jacek
  •  
Bud Durland is currently offline Bud Durland

Quote:
You have not included any important features in the product

While I agree that GFI has not handled things well since they acquired Kerio, please keep in mind that everyone defined "important" differently. I wholeheartedly agree with #1 on your list, and only somewhat agree with #2, and don't care about #3 and #4 at all. For me, I'd put bringing back the on-line connector at #2, improving server mail store performance as #3, and improved administrative tools as #4 (improved tools for me would begin with server-side export of an account to a .PST file, management of distribution groups in the admin client, ability for users to update their own contact information)

To me, it seems that GFI has prioritize monetizing Kerio Connect over improving it. I hope that turns around soon. If the current or near future state of the product disappoints, everyone will just have to follow their conscience.
  •  
jcooper is currently offline jcooper

Agreed. Apple already did this to me: talk a good game, keep business solutions and apps for sale, with no real interest in maintaining it other than maybe getting a few extra bucks, and slowly shred them to the point of uselessness. I'm dealing with the fallout of that now, and if I start getting an inkling GFI just bought Kerio for some back-end patents or Control or whatever, only to let the email server (which I love btw) languish, I can't afford to again stay with a sinking ship, no matter how preferable I find it. (fool me once, blah blah blah...)
  •  
enman is currently offline enman

Kerio client still can not offer another meeting time ... This is a standard feature of any email client that works with the calendar. I also stopped recommending use Kerio Connect. Because this way leads to nowhere.

Thanks, GFI!
  •  
DigiWorks is currently offline DigiWorks

I agree to Jacek. We are moving customers to O365 and for those that still don't want to use 365 we are looking for alternatives like IceWarp and Alt-n. GFI have to set some question marks by them selfs and realize what they are doing. This is not good for the products of Kerio.
Previous Topic: Kerio Setup Assistant not working in High Sierra (10.13)
Next Topic: New version
Goto Forum:

] [ PDF ]

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Feb 21 20:07:24 CET 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 1.41738 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.