Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Changing default voice sets
  •  
Carconnex is currently offline Carconnex

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

we would love to change the default voice set in Kerio Operator. We are planning to let a professional make a custom voice set for our company.
The problem is that with the info in this "tutorial" https:// manuals.gfi.com/en/kerio/operator/content/server-configurati on-kerio-operator/customization-of-voice-sets-499.html I'm not getting any wiser.

Does someone have a more detailed walkthrough for changing the voice sets (for example: what directory structure is used, what different prompts are there, the format that is needed, etc etc)

Thanks in advance!
  •  
gendo is currently offline gendo

This should give you an idea of the directory structure needed for the core voice prompts:

http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/sounds/

And here is a good resource on recording mechanics and converting to asterisk supported formats.

http://www.bfrigon.com/posts/asterisk/custom-voice-prompts/

I would record lossless and then downconvert to the necessary codec so you're future proofed.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions about this...I've dealt with this before.
  •  
Kerio/GFI Brian is currently offline Kerio/GFI Brian

Indeed the instructions should provide more detailed steps. I'll see if we can update the help topic. To answer your question, I suggest to grab the voice set used in operator and work from that, rather than downloading one from the Internet, which will not include all of the prompts used by Kerio Operator.
Start by enabling SSH. Go to the System Health dialog, then while holding shift, click Tasks. You should see an option to enable SSH.
Login to your system with an SSH client (using root and your admin password) and go to /var/lib/asterisk/sounds.
Download the directory of sounds you will use as a base (e.g. en_GB). Modify the sound files you want, then zip the folder and upload it following the directions in the help topic.

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
Carconnex is currently offline Carconnex

Thanks for the information! I got it working
  •  
Kerio/GFI Brian is currently offline Kerio/GFI Brian

Thanks for confirming. Note that the help topic you referenced in your first post has been updated.

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
Previous Topic: Transfers not Falling Back to Voicemail
Next Topic: Hostname for Kerio Operator to configure on Softphone
Goto Forum:

] [ PDF ]

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon May 28 01:20:53 CEST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.99626 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.