Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » DHCP Server not working
  •  
tgeery

Send a private message to this user
I have a problem where the DHCP server is enabled in KWF but I get an error saying that the scope does not exist as in the log capture below. KWF is seeing the request on the WAN port as opposed to the LAN port where the scope is defined. The scope is defined as 192.168.1.20 through 192.168.1.254 with subnet of 255.255.255.0 and uses the KWF LAN IP for gateway and DNS.

The X.X.X.X below in the log capture represents my WAN IP to the internet. Why is KWF seeing the request as coming in on the WAN when the client PC making the DHCP request is on the LAN adaptor which is 192.168.1.1? Any ideas? Debug log below:

[05/Oct/2004 16:54:27] {dhcp} DHCP server: scope for request (received on interface X.X.X.X) doesn't exist (or not enabled)
[05/Oct/2004 16:54:33] DHCP server: scope for request (received on interface X.X.X.X) doesn't exist (or not enabled)
[05/Oct/2004 16:54:39] {dhcp} DHCP server: scope for request (received on interface X.X.X.X) doesn't exist (or not enabled)
  •  
tgeery

Nobody has any ideas or suggestions on this one? Anyone?
  •  
feite

Suggestion: Do you have an DHCP ip address for the internet connection? If so its possible that NIC did not get an ip address and windows assigned it one from the same range as you're DHCP server uses.
  •  
tgeery

At the time that I am having the problem that I describe, the WAN NIC does have a valid DHCP assigned IP address from the internet.

Client computers on the LAN are able to access the internet and all other functionality is working correctly.

Thanks for the idea though...
  •  
feite

I noticed that after upgrading to version 6.0.6 the DHCP server did not start. After rebooting the firewall pc the DHCP server started correctly.

Check the debug log for a line like this one:

[15/Oct/2004 16:22:55] Service "DHCP" started, bound to address 192.168.1.1

When you disable the NIC a entry as below should appear:

[15/Oct/2004 16:28:51] Service "DHCP" bound to address 192.168.1.1 stopped

After enabling the NIC again the first line should appear.
  •  
tgeery

At startup, I see the DHCP server in the logs saying it is bound to both the WAN and LAN cards. I wish there was a way to stop the DHCP server from even binding to the WAN card as I do not have a scope defined for that card and don't want to offer DHCP services to the WAN anyway.
Previous Topic: unsubscribe
Next Topic: translation web pages
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 10:31:24 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00393 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.