Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How to import new SSL Certificate and intermediate bundle
  •  
jcooper

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Just got a new certificate form godaddy. I have a couple crt files, one named "gd_bundle-g2-g1.crt" and the other a bunch-o-giberish.crt. I can't import the bundle with my key file (gets a "key values mismatch") but I thought I needed the bundle for the actual certificate to work.

How to I import both the certificate and the intermediate bundle? I found a link elsewhere but the link is dead.

Thanks,

Jeff
  •  
Kerio/GFI Brian

You need to append the contents of the bundle to your signed certificate. There are instructions at the bottom of this help topic https://manuals.gfi.com/en/kerio/connect/content/server-conf iguration/ssl-certificates/configuring-ssl-certificates-in-k erio-connect-1132.html
You can use sslchecker.com to validate if your certificate has been installed properly.
Note that you may need to try a few times before getting the right combination of root and intermediates. So you need to export your private key since the import option will require it each time you try to import a new cert.

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
KG

Hi,

I've had problems importing a cert bundle in the past - getting the same error as you.
I don't believe that you do need both the cert and the intermediates for the cert to work at all, just that some mobile devices can complain if the full chain isn't there.

One solution to this is to take your cert (that imports fine). Open it in Notepad and copy the text.
Browse to <redacted lol> and paste in your cert text.
OK - apparently I can't post the link till I've posted more than 5 messages so just Google certificatechain.io or just put https in front of it or something... I do believe it's a totally legitimate page.
It will identify the missing intermediates and present you with a new text file containing your original cert plus the rest of the chain.
Copy this and paste into a Notepad file and save it as a crt file.
Import this just as you did your original crt.
Check with sslchecker.com that it's all good now.

Perhaps you could do similar manually by comparing your original crt file in notepad and the bundle and concatenating as required. But certificatechain.io does make it easy.

Regards,
Kath
  •  
jcooper

Thanks all! Ended up doing this and pasting the cert and bundle together into a new crt file and it imported fine.

Sometimes it's easy to forget that certificates are just blobs of text.

[Updated on: Thu, 01 February 2018 14:34]

Previous Topic: Connect Client Error on Chrome 64
Next Topic: Change Color of Kerio Connect Client
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 13 20:49:14 CET 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.79091 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.