Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Limiting number of recipients per email (A rule/solution that applies to all email sources which can limit recipients per email)
  •  
ferro

Send a private message to this user
Hi All,

I hope my email finds you great!

Background: The only way I know to limiting the number of recipients per email is use configuration-> SMTP server-> IP Address based limits-> Ma. number of messages per hour from one IP address, in order to enforce a limit on number of messages (an or recipients).

Problem definition:
1- I am not sure if this is the only way to apply such rule
2- This rule does not apply to WebMail (when I send an email from outlook this rule works, however when the same email is sent from WebMail, the rule does not work).
3- Even though when the email is sent from outlook and the rule applies, an email is sent to sender that the number of messages has been exceeded, YET, the email is sent and some recipients receive it.

Needed consultation:
1- Please confirm/correct my understanding if another way exists to apply such rule.
2- What is the solution in case I need to apply this limit to all email sources? Does Kerio do that? If not, is there a recommended 3rd party SW/HW that is tested and can do this job?
3- Does Kerio consider firing the rule and still sending the email to some recipients a bug or normal behavior?

Thanks,

Thanks,
  •  
MacLab

Send a private message to this user
The only way to truly enforce this in all cases is with an outgoing mail filter such as a barracuda or other. Connect will limit the smtp messages but not email sent over http which includes EWS.

MacLab, Inc.
Kerio Certified Partner, Reseller, Hosting Provider, Kerio Connect Certified.
http://maclaboratory.com
Previous Topic: HTTPS header
Next Topic: Calendar Outlook TimeZone
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 13 05:48:05 CET 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.98517 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.