Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migrate far away from Kerio to ?
  •  
svavaroe is currently offline svavaroe

Send a private message to this user
OK, my patience is gone and I'm done with this.
Has anyone successfully migrated away from KERIO to G-Suite, O365 or any other real product ?
Hints / Tips ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Svavar
  •  
breakplease is currently offline breakplease

yes did already.
unfortunatly didnt find a solution to do it easy with all groupware data (calendar, contact). so my way was export every mailbox to pst and import to o365.
if you only need mail data there are several tools which can migrate automatically.

if you find a better way please let me know. I am still looking for further migrations.
  •  
bm

We planed moving some services and users from Kerio to Office 365 (Exchange, SharePoint) like the GDPR solution for few of ours PI processes. Kerio Connect is not GDPR compliant software and I don't believe it sometime will be, because there is zero development of this product in past year.

We will use manual copy/export solution.
  •  

Thanks for the info.
So, imapsync is my go to tool.
Skip the calendar, and let users re-create schedules.

•  
Think Fixed is currently offline Think Fixed

I'm in the process of moving my last customer in Kerio Cloud off of Kerio Connect over to Office 365. I am using MigrationWiz to move the email. For calendars, I am downloading each users' calendar into Apple's Calendar app, and then I will export the calendar data into an ICS file. This can be easily imported into Office 365 from the user's OWA. I will be downloading the users' contacts into Apple's Contacts app, and then I will export the contacts, configure the users' O365 in Apple Contacts, and import the data into their accout at O365. The same will be done with public calendars and contacts. It's a tedious process, but it works, and I don't have to make users reschedule. Making your users reschedule is a very bad plan. You will deservedly catch a lot of heat over that. If you won't move their calendars, you should at least teach them how to do it themselves.

Howie Isaacks
Systems Engineer | Apple Solutions Consultant
Think Fixed LLC, Dallas and Fort Worth

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
opcode_kerio is currently offline opcode_kerio

Cheerio!
the company "transend dot com" offers some migration tools.
Maybe it is interesting for you.
Or with the help of an Archiving software like Mailstore for example. Smile

•  
dhensley is currently offline dhensley

I used the "transend dot com" product to migrate to Office 365 this past weekend.

It worked well. We did have some mailboxes that bombed, and had to rerun. I think the issue was timeouts on the O365 side. Mostly on the 20G plus boxes.

Calendars, Contacts and Tasks were migrated too.

We finished "just in time" as our Kerio Connect support ends on 2/18.

We had 210 seats.

Why did we do it?

I really didn't want to. I would have liked to avoid the cloud.

There are several reasons. Most of you already know why.

We also have 7 remote sites using Control and Operator....those are being replace too.

We might keep Operator a little longer, even though support has expired.

The inability to go to a web site and add seats or renew a product is certainly one of the reasons we had enough.

I have yet to be contacted by any GFI rep on our expired products. I did receive one or two emails.

Kerio always sent out plenty of automated emails when products were close to expiring.

David

•  
MacLab is currently offline MacLab

If it is a renewal problem, all you have to do is contact GFI for a reseller in case you don't have that info. The exp date is listed in the admin login as well and alerts you when it is within 30 days.

MacLab, Inc.
Kerio Certified Partner, Reseller, Hosting Provider, Kerio Connect Certified.
http://maclaboratory.com
  •  

Thank you all for the reply. It's not renewal problem, Its lack of fixing long over due problems and patching in KC.
I'm just done with this. - Only using macOS and iOS for end-users.

•  
m.sand is currently offline m.sand

Our installation will go to AWS WorkMail in a month.
We have performed trial migrations using the free (AWS sponsored) Transend migration tool. Works fine with all the clients (iOS, Mac, Windows, web and Linux) we are using.
  •  

nice to hear.
Any reason WorkMail was choosen ? I totally forgot about AWS in comparisment to g-suite, 365...
  •  
m.sand is currently offline m.sand

Wow, great way to start a flame-war... Very Happy

<Disclaimers>
This is purely anecdotal evidences or hearsay as a lawyer may say.
My own company is running many work-loads in AWS so there is a possibility I am biased as well.
</Disclaimers>

Our company is using mainly iOS and Linux devices so Outlook is not our primary concern.

My personal trust in AWS is much higher than in Microsoft when it comes to hosting mission critical systems. The trust related to how AWS handle data privacy is higher than in Google. We also want to store data in EU to comply with GDPR.

We don't care for all the extra stuff Microsoft is adding (OneDrive, Skype, Yammer etc) to justify the costs.

We share office-space with two other companies on Office 365 and they have been experiencing outages and login issues on at least three occasions during the last 12 months, latest was in Sep 2017 when they were unable to use the service for about 5 hours.

Previous Topic: Kerio Connect is dying
Next Topic: 1 Mail boc cannot send or receive emails outside local domain
Goto Forum:

] [ PDF ]

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Feb 21 20:09:48 CET 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 1.27333 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.