Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Scrambled mails with KOFF, plain text mail and emoticon
scornelissen85 is currently offline scornelissen85

Send a private message to this user
When we send a reply on a plain text mail and insert with Outlook a smiley (like :-), which is converted to an image) then the whole mail is scrambled.

When I look at the header of the mail (in Sent Items) it is set to:

MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

This is only happening when using the Kerio Outlook Offline connector. The version of Outlook is 1708 (Build 8431.2153), part of Office 365 Business. We tried to reproduce this problem with Kerio version 9.2.1 and with 9.2.5 patch 3 (3336) and succeed.

After some research we discovered that the :-( won't be any trouble. But :-) and ;-) does. And the mail is not scrambled when it is in the outbox. When KOFF starts sending the mail then the mail is scrambled.

The base64-encoded scrambled text of ':-)' is:

The text before the emoticon is readable, but after the icon it is all scrambled. The mail is not scrambled when sent by IMAP. The header is then set to:

MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
RPC_Admin is currently offline RPC_Admin

Send a private message to this user
We had this problem as well. I came to the conclusion that it was an Outlook issue, though I swear I once witnessed it from someone using the Kerio Webmail. I created a thread on this forum as well. In the end, I deleted the autocorrect for all 'smiley based emoticons' in Outlook.
Click "File"
-Click "Options"
-On the Left, Choose "Mail"
-In the right, choose the "Spelling and Autocorrect" button
-Choose the "Autocorrect Options" button on the right in the new pop-up
- In the "Autocorrect tab" scroll down until you see the smileys.... Click on each of these and click delete, it looks like 13 smileys are there.
Previous Topic: 1 Mail boc cannot send or receive emails outside local domain
Next Topic: Migrate Mdaemon to Kerio Connect
Goto Forum:

] [ PDF ]

Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Mar 24 08:55:22 CET 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 1.03027 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.