Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » How to configure KERIO control In the OVH dedicated server?
  •  
wsim_board is currently offline wsim_board

Send a private message to this user
How to configure KERIO Control In OVH dedicated servers?
I would like to configure KERIO Control In the OVH server
But I don't know What can I do exactly
Please help me everyone
  •  
skeates is currently offline skeates

Send a private message to this user
I'm assuming you want to run Kerio Control as a VM either under Vmware or Proxmox. I went through this process about two years ago and there was very little help about. I did manage to piece some bits together from the OVH forums to do with vmware, but the forums were broken up and I always ended up on the french forums not understanding what was going on.

I'm currently running a dedicated server using proxmox with Kerio Control as the firewall behind it we run Operator, Connect and a few other servers. All work well, but was a bit of a pain to get Control setup in the first place. If this is what you are after then this should help. I didn't fully document the process at the time, but it should be enough to get you going. If your using VMWare then your on your own although this might help with it anyway, but I don't know enough about it.

1. Get proxmox running on your dedicated server. This is easy you just choose the OS in OVH you want to deploy and away you go

2. log into proxmox and setup a virtual machine and feed it the Kerio Control ISO. Getting the ISO onto proxmox is fairly easy, but I'll leave that up to you to work out (can't have everything for free and you should probably know how or be able to workout how to do this if you want to go any further with this guide)

Once the machine starts up install Kerio Control from the ISO. Once the install is finished the vm will restart and load up Kerio Control to first time configuration. At this point on a usual network you would feed it all the network details and then access it. Since we are not on a local network Control we need to feed it the external network details but these won't work or did not do so when I was setting this up. The options to configure Kerio Control at the start up screen are limited and don't facilitate for OVH's network settings. Can't remember all the details I think it did not accept the subnet or something you will see when you and if you try. So essentially we are stuck and can go no further.

Now I can't remember off the top of my head, but the local network is either pre-cnfigured and you can change that from the initial setup of Kerio Control or you can set it up. So at this point you need to give you Control a local network configuration to your liking best think about what you want it to be long term and set it. Take note of your Control address username and password.

3. log into proxmox and setup a virtual machine windows is easiest you could probably use a live CD of some sort i'd probably go with ubuntu either way the choice is yours in the end you need a machine that can run a web browser and has a quick easy way to configure network settings. We don't want to spend a tone of time since this is just a stop gap. Once your OS is working I'm assuming we are using windows since I did give your windows machine a static IP address in the range you set you local range to on the Control box.

Now open up your web browser and enter in the IP address of the control box https://kerio_control_ip_address:4081/admin you should get your Control box setup screen. Run through the setup enter your licence key and now you have access to your Control install. The first thing you are going to want to do is head over to the interfaces section to configure your internet connection.

Insert your IP address details provided from OVH from memory looking back I believe the subnet I was given and probably you as well is 255.255.255.255 and I think that is what Controls initial configuration screen does not like anyway since you are in via the web interface you can enter what ever you like and it will work.

Ideally you will need fail over IP's which I do. Your initial IP address will be for your proxmox server and then the first failover IP you give to your control box. This is so you can still access proxmox via the web and you. If you don't have failover IP's then you are on your own from here on I got you this far you need to find your own path. Click on the Define additional IP's button and enter the reminder of your fail over IP's here. In the OVH panel you can then set the reverse DNS records for these IP's to make everything work nicely if needed.

As a note I enabled the firewall for the main address in the OVH panel and only opened the port required for proxmox all else is blocked limiting any access to proxmox. The first failover address I disabled for control as it should be able to look after it's self and the remainder IPs I set to automatic as you should be managing those firewall settings via control.

That should do you. As I said I've got connect and operator both running behind control. We have a site to site VPN from our office to ovh and we have option 66 pointing to the operator install so phones on our local network auto provision across the VPN without issue.

We got about around 7 vm's running on proxmox on a 8 x Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU C2750 <_at_> 2.40GHz 16gb memory and it's been running for over two years with very little issue. It's also worth attaching the free backup storage you get to proxmox and backing up your VM's to that. After all this i realised I did start writing up a guide about this a while ago it's not as comprehensive but might help a little. http://skeates.net/kerio/configure-kerio-controll-with-ovh-o n-proxmox/

Good luck have fun

Previous Topic: Unable to access other side of firewall
Next Topic: Slow DHCP
Goto Forum:

] [ PDF ]

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Jun 24 03:47:32 CEST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.90285 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.