Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Operator API is dialling a device which is not currently registered
  •  
kemp

Send a private message to this user
Hello,
We have been using the operator API within our office for over a year now with no problem by setting up our own PHP script which uses the Operator API to make a call from the users extension.

the process is as follows
number clicked in database
number and users details passed to php script
php script passes to api
handset rings
user pick up phone
call is innitiated and dials automatically.

We now have a small number of staff working remotely and therefore use the Kerio Operator desktop app.

We are ensuring that when these remote workers are selecting the computer soft app as the registered device (see attached image) however when clicking to call the call can only be picked up by the handset in the office (the device which is not registered)

the soft app shows the call but there is no way to pick this up (if device is called without using api a popup window appears)

can the API not be used in conjunction with the kerio operator app?

•  
Jan Pejša

./fa/4798/0/

•  
kemp

Hi Jan,
Thanks, I tried enabled the highlighted option on your screenshot but no change.

could call routing server side by overriding this ?
  •  
Kerio/GFI Brian

Hi Kemp,
I believe the issue is that Kerio Phone does not support click to dial functionality. I suggest to add a separate registration for the extension that is registered by a softphone app such as Zoiper. Otherwise the user can copy and paste the number into Kerio Phone.
You can also add an option in your PHP to link to https://pbx.company.com/#clickToDial=55512345 which is the same shortcut used by the click to call plug-in. However the user will need an additional click to place the call, and this method will use the browser version of Kerio Phone and will take over the registration of the desktop application or other browser tabs.

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
kemp

Hi Brian,
We are using PHP and the kerio API to send a request to make a calls.

Like i mentioned earlier, this already works, so in a sense we have developed our own click to call php web app.

the api call is made
the device/telephone associated with the username we pass rings
the user picks it up and the call is then dialled.

what happens with the operator softapp/webapp, is that the physical telephone still rings and there is no option to pick up on the soft/web app

the web app/soft app shows the incoming call, it just can't be picked up which is the issue. It's like the API call defaults to the telephone, regardless of which device is registered to the user.
  •  
Kerio/GFI Brian

Quote:
the web app/soft app shows the incoming call, it just can't be picked up which is the issue.

This is what I meant in regards to saying that Kerio Phone does not support click to dial functionality and that's why I was suggesting alternative options.

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
AppJetty

Hello,
The option of adding it to PHP and linking is is really worth and can be used in an app mentioned above and they cnt get registered to the app but can use it for best results.
There is a single issue in picking up and that too can be solved quickly, so its better to do that.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 March 2018 10:24]

Previous Topic: OutCall does not work.
Next Topic: second call from the queue
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 18 22:35:00 CEST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.71108 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.