Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » unable to categorise
  •  
ipsys

Send a private message to this user
is there problem with kerio content filtering servers??

since approx. [09/Apr/2018 16:56:53] GMT, i see constant authorisation errors ->

[09/Apr/2018 17:32:18] Unable to categorize 'api.cloudmobi.net/' by Kerio Control Web Filter. DNS response 'FAILURE: Invalid authorization' to query '0.api.cloudmobi.net.147d.ko-290156.v3.url.zvelo.com' is invalid.
[09/Apr/2018 17:32:18] Unable to categorize 'r7---sn-aigllnze.gvt1.com/' by Kerio Control Web Filter. DNS response 'FAILURE: Invalid authorization' to query '0.r7---sn-aigllnze.gvt1.com.977c.ko-290156.v3.url.zvelo.com ' is invalid.
[09/Apr/2018 17:32:18] Unable to categorize 'video.fmad3-4.fna.fbcdn.net/' by Kerio Control Web Filter. DNS response 'FAILURE: Invalid authorization' to query '0.video.fmad3-4.fna.fbcdn.net.d473.ko-290156.v3.url.zvelo.c om' is invalid.

our content filter has a current/valid license (expires march 2019) - the box is approximately 1 month old. its very problematic. why ???

from the dashboard
Product expiration: Never
Software Maintenance expiration: 2019-03-17
Active users / devices: 304 / 463
Antivirus: Licensed
Kerio Control Web Filter: Licensed

[Updated on: Tue, 10 April 2018 18:40]

•  
Rome

You can Check if you have patch 4 upgrade
  •  
Columbia

Problem with kerio content filtering servers reappears today again! Does GFI know about it?!
  •  
agattorno

i have the same error.

in this page ( https://manuals.gfi.com/en/kerio/control/conten/logs/using-t he-warning-log-1459.html) post this:

Kerio Conntrol could not authorized to Kerio Web Filter. Kerio Web Filter is not working and users can open all web pages:

[02/Jan/2013 13:45:37] Unable to categorize 'example.com' by Kerio Web Filter. DNS response 'FAILURE: Invalid authorization' to query 'example.com.f836.ko-34554.v3.url.zvelo.com' is invalid.

I donĀ“t understand
  •  
KlausFFOS

I've had the same with my main Kerio firewall, but it ended yesterday. The phenomenon started 17/May/2018 22:21:37 CET+1 and ended 23/May/2018 22:21:47 CET+1 according to the Warning log. The error log shows nothing corresponding til these times. The timing of the start and end time, when looking at the time of day they occured, seems a bit odd.
  •  
agattorno

I have had the same problem several times. I do not know if it will have to do with this:
https://manuals.gfi.com/en/kerio/control/content/content-fil tering/slow-internet-connection-with-activated-kerio-webfilt er-1188.html

too many dns request in a short time??

this problem is critical because the categorization used in the contents rules of Content filter not work and the user can access sites that should not.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 May 2018 15:29]

•  
Columbia

On what build of Kerio Control does it happen? Did you try to recheck web filter? For me this operation solved warning messages with not authorized to Kerio web filter.
  •  
Columbia

DNS servers of your ISP are limited and not use network offload. It's a best solution to redirect all web filtering request to another public dns servers e.x Cloudflare DNS (1.1.1.1;1.0.0.1).
  •  
Columbia

Does anybody notice any problems with Kerio a Web Filter? I have logs in Warning: Unable to activate Kerio Control Web Filter: Invalid response from server. cached credentials will be used.
It starts today morning.

[Updated on: Sun, 03 June 2018 21:50]

Previous Topic: Access to KERIO web resources from Russian Internet
Next Topic: [BUG] No IPS Rules Update since 22.03.2017
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Dec 11 04:05:10 CET 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 6.82380 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.