Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Admin Account Stop Working (Cannot longin to Admin portal)
  •  
xian1316

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

For unknown reasons my admin account stop working.
I can no longer login to Kerio Operator Administration portal.

I tried the USB reset, but it did not work.

I manage revert back the root password to the previous one and manage to login via SSH.
Is there a way to modify the admin account via terminal?

Regards,
Xian
  •  
Kerio/GFI Brian

The USB reset is the only option. https://manuals.gfi.com/en/kerio/operator/content/software-a ppliance-hardware-box/recovering-password-using-usb-flashdis k-for-kerio-operator-1646.html
Make sure the disk is FAT formatted. Otherwise, try using a different USB disk.

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
xian1316

Thank you for the reply Brian.

I tried that several times using both type: formatted as a floppy and with MBR. I tried all USB ports. I formatted the USB device every time I try a new USB port. It doesn't seems to work.

I am sure that the USB device was read because it creates 2 files every time I tried it, kerio-operator-password-reset-2.6.2-9085.bin.disabled and kerio-operator-password-reset-2.6.2-9085.bin.log.

Below is the content of kerio-operator-password-reset-2.6.2-9085.bin.log:
+ touch /tmp/usb-do-password-reset
+ exit

What else can I do?

Regards,
Xian
  •  
Rome

if after the process with USB recover you didn't get the activation wizard to reset you might need to use a different flash or probably a different format

Check this article: kb.kerio.com/1646 , there is a warning at the end regarding format and different flash drives
  •  
xian1316

Rome wrote on Sun, 15 April 2018 21:34
if after the process with USB recover you didn't get the activation wizard to reset you might need to use a different flash or probably a different format

Hi Rome,

I already did that. I already tried all USB port, several USB flash drive, both partition type (FAT & FAT32) and both format (formatted as a floppy and with MBR).

Rome wrote on Sun, 15 April 2018 21:34

Check this article: kb.kerio.com/1646 , there is a warning at the end regarding format and different flash drives

That article did not work.

I notice that the file /tmp/usb-do-password-reset did not exist, maybe that is the reason why it did not work?

Regards,
Xian
  •  
Kerio/GFI Brian

Which deployment type do you have (hardware / software / virtual)? What actually is the behavior? Are you seeing a login screen and the password is not accepted, or is it some other behavior?

Brian Carmichael
  •  
xian1316

Brian (GFI/Kerio) wrote on Mon, 16 April 2018 17:10

Which deployment type do you have (hardware / software / virtual)?

It's a software

What actually is the behavior?

On the server nothing different, same boot sequence.

Are you seeing a login screen and the password is not accepted, or is it some other behavior?

On the Kerio Operator Administration, it just the same login screen. I tried a blank password, "admin" as the password and the old password. Same error "Incorrect username or password".

According to the article "Recovering password using USB flash-drive for Kerio Operator" the admin page should redirect me to a wizard to ask me for a new password. But that is not the case.

Regards,
Xian
  •  
Kerio/GFI Brian

Quote:
I am sure that the USB device was read because it creates 2 files every time I tried it, kerio-operator-password-reset-2.6.2-9085.bin.disabled and kerio-operator-password-reset-2.6.2-9085.bin.log.

So the system is reading the file and normally you should be redirected to a separate wizard that asks you to create a new admin password. Are you connecting via the admin port (e.g. https://ip_address:4021)?
If you view the console interface, do you see a URL for connecting via MyKerio? If so, then you can set up a MyKerio account and add the system to your account using that URL.

Brian Carmichael
  •  
xian1316

Kerio_bcarmichael wrote on Tue, 17 April 2018 20:13

So the system is reading the file and normally you should be redirected to a separate wizard that asks you to create a new admin password. Are you connecting via the admin port (e.g. https://ip_address:4021)?

Yes

Kerio_bcarmichael wrote on Tue, 17 April 2018 20:13

If you view the console interface, do you see a URL for connecting via MyKerio? If so, then you can set up a MyKerio account and add the system to your account using that URL.

No it only shows the URL for connecting to admin

[Updated on: Wed, 18 April 2018 06:34]

Regards,
Xian
Previous Topic: Now Available: Kerio Operator 2.6.2
Next Topic: Conference Phones - Request to Kerio/GFI
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 23 08:56:19 CEST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.74829 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.