Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Which hardware (low price) would you recomend to install kerio control (max power ~60W)
  •  
richard18

Send a private message to this user
Which hardware (low price) would you recomend to install kerio control (max power ~60W)
  •  
Rome

I believe you can check the specs in the kerio page and choose what's best for you
  •  
richard18

I mean, which hardware to buy to install kerio (like Q3160G2-P QOTOM Mini Itx ) or similar (2 network cards). Who has done that ?
  •  
Rome

Frankly, I didn't buy a dedicated machine for, I had it run over a virtual machine
  •  
richard18

I want to use hardware with 2 dedicated gigabit ethernet cards. If you want to replay please write your suggestion about which hardware (low cost) would be the best option.
  •  
Elliott

i can recommend Hp Microserver GEN10. I bought one new for 240 euro here in the Netherlands. It comes with dual gigabit onboard and 8GB RAM. The only thing u need to buy is a sata harddisk. I have put in a cheap SSD. It's performing fine (200MBit internet throughput without issues).

[Updated on: Mon, 16 April 2018 17:30]

•  
owenmpk

I typically use a used Dell OptiPlex 5000 or 7000 series small form factor system with an i5, 4GB RAM then add a 2 or 4 port NIC and a Samsung EVO SSD.

People-Centric Approach to Computer Solutions
  •  
marbet970

Hi Everybody,

Eliot, 200mbit with all service on ?

I mean:

Kerio Antivirus,Intrusion Prevention, Application Awareness,Kerio Control Web Filter....

Thanks
  •  
Elliott

correct, with all security services turned on. When 15 users are busy online it sometimes drops a bit, but had speedtests (without any user being active) at 350MBIT which is our max bandwith.

If you go for the microserver be sure you upgrade the onboard nic firmware, available free at hpe.com

power usage with typical load is around 20W

[Updated on: Wed, 25 April 2018 10:50]

•  
marbet970

Thanks a lot Elliott!
  •  
emilianoricco@gmail.com

Good morning to everyone
@owenmpk which brand / model of nic you use on your appliance?
i really appreciate info about tested 2/4 port nic on kerio CONTROL SOFTWARE appliance
  •  
owenmpk

I have used the following
HP NC364T PCIe 4Pt Gigabit Server Adapter
HP 412648-B21 NC360T PCI-Express DP GigaBit Adapter
Intel PRO/1000 VT Quad Port Server Adapter LP PCI-E EXPI9404VT

•  
marbet970

•  
owenmpk

marbet970 wrote on Wed, 09 May 2018 06:48
on which pc?

I use those adapters on the Dell OptiPlex i5 systems and on Lenovo TS140 i3 back when those were still available at a good price.

emilianoricco@gmail.com

really thanks for the info. i'm planning to build two appliance vith some sff desktop to put in my racks to manage a site to site vpn and all service active in each . thinking about cpu / ram / disk performance , on wich should i focus on ?
Previous Topic: Kerio Control Youtube Streaming Graph
Next Topic: Bandwidth management and QoS & Load Balancing
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Sep 22 21:14:29 CEST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.73243 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.