Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Bandwidth management and QoS & Load Balancing (Bandwidth management and QoS & Load Balancing)
  •  
Kitsu is currently offline Kitsu

Send a private message to this user
I have some doubts about Bandwidth management and QoS & Load Balancing and it will be so helpful if anyone can explain me. I was searching a lot of kb.kerio.com, but i couldn't find explanations for what i need.

Load Balancing:

Will try to explain my scenario: on my corp. network i have my LAN (DC,DNS,SQL Serv, HTTP Serv, etc.... and Usuers computers)using some network range. Beside i have a DMZ with (routers, Kerio Control (Virtual Machine of Kerio Control working as a Proxy) and other kind of FW that its no Kerio)... Otherwise i have to internet links. Actually im just using one of them for Kerio Control Users, and i want to use both with > Multiple Links - Load Balancing

I read all the step to configure Multiple Internet Links - Load Balancing. But my scenario its a bit different in terms of network design, 'cause me DHCP, DC, DNS and Users Computers its on a different range of ip addres than my Kerio Control.

I read that you configure on Internet Interfaces you 2 ip addres of your internet links, and automatically your ip of Trusted/Local Interface lost the Gateway. There is a problem for me, cause if i don't have a Gateway i can reach there, because Kerio its on a DMZ and im on LAN range. This is my first problem, so i configure another 2 ip addres in the same range of DMZ (Internet Interfaces) and without "Configure in Wizard... ".. and with prive ip addres.

Internet Interfaces: 172.30.1.70

I set the Gateway here that its the same gateway of Trusted / Local I.

Trusted/Local Interfaces: 172.30.1.12

On my FW i configure 2 NAT : 172.30.1.70 NAT for my internet link 1 and 172.30.1.71 NAT for my internet link 2.

Buttttt!!!.... My real problem i guest is on my Traffic Rules, 'cause what i read its that you can put Load Balancing on Translation. Something its wrong or maybe Kerio its no what i need for my scenario... I know it's complicated to abstract in my explanation but I need help.

Kerio Control 9.2.4

Thanks for your time!
  •  
ipsys is currently offline ipsys

if i understand what your saying, this does work. i have 4 internet connections on 1 kerio control. i enabled the load balancing, but removed the weights from the additional interfaces and nat to the interface in the traffic rules (so users go out one, and servers or others go out another etc).

try something like this - see the traffic rule on the link below (under forcing the use of an interface) and make sure you use 'load balancing' in the interfaces as the method for multiple connections (because failover will send the additional interfaces down until they are required, or the default gw of the additional interfaces take a lower weight in the routing table and consequently dont work, i forget which specifically, only that load balancing kept the gw's alive)

http://aplawrence.com/Kerio/load_balancing.html
  •  
Kitsu is currently offline Kitsu

Thanks for your reply, will try it and see if works for me.

Thanks again!

Cheers!
Previous Topic: Local routed networks not accessible
Next Topic: crashing?
Goto Forum:

] [ PDF ]

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue May 22 15:37:29 CEST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 2.54736 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.