Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Hardware Specs
  •  
gskibum is currently offline gskibum

Send a private message to this user
A few years back a terrific Kerio support rep made a hardware spec suggestion for me. I'm curious to know if that same advice still stands.

He said that clock speed is more important than the number of cores. Is that still the case?

What about Pentium vrs. Core i7?
  •  
mwgbr is currently offline mwgbr

Based on our experience following specs should be sufficient for 100+ users and 250+ connections:

Intel Core i3 (we have only systems with 5. generation or newer)
8GB RAM
128GB SSD (or smaller if you do not use proxy cache)
Intel E100 or I350 Network card with offloading features

One connection can only use one core, so if you have many users or parallel connections 4 cores or more makes sense.

When speaking of high bandwidth connections (500mbps+) and you want to reach this speed with one download, the clock speed is crucial. We get around 400mbps with a core-i3 6100.

•  
ian.bugeja is currently offline ian.bugeja

Hi

Speed is important however we also suggest having a minimum of 4 cores. This depends highly on the number of simultaneous downloads and the number of clients connected of course.

For 100+ users I would suggest an i5.

You can cross-relate the hardware specs of the Kerio Control hardware appliances vs the maximum number of users here:
https://www.gfi.com/support/products/Considering-the-effect- of-concurrent-maximum-users-for-maximum-performance-on-Kerio -Control

https://www.kerio.com/content/control-system-requirements

an NG500 is suggested for 200 users and it's an i5

Ian Bugeja
GFI Software
  •  
mwgbr is currently offline mwgbr

ian.bugeja wrote on Thu, 05 July 2018 15:40

an NG500 is suggested for 200 users and it's an i5

I had opened a support ticket some weeks ago because we were not sure if the NG500 is suitable for a customer with 200 clients.

At the end they suggested to use a virtual appliance or custom hardware because of the 4GB of RAM.
They also mentioned that one could change the memory with a bigger one, but then the warranty is not valid anymore.

In our experience, this amount is only sufficient for very small businesses (<30 Clients).
Previous Topic: IPSEC VPN with IKEv2 protocol
Next Topic: How to set Metric for VPN Tunnel Custom Routes?
Goto Forum:

] [ PDF ]

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 20 06:34:49 CEST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.93589 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.