Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » NG100 restricting throughput
  •  
MTS2016

Send a private message to this user
I have a site with a 60 Mbps link. I can verify the link is solid if I connect directly to it with one computer. I get the full throughput. Once I put the NG100 in and connect one computer to the other side of it, my speed tests drop to 40-45 Mbps.

I thought that these units are supposed to be able to handle 300 Mbps even with all the bells and whistles enabled?

I tried disabling antivirus, intrusion prevention, and other features, but the throughput wont budge. Any suggestions for what else could be done to get the full 60 Mbps through these units?

Thanks!
  •  
mwgbr

Send a private message to this user
If you make a speed test with one connection, only one core of the CPU is used.

You can monitor the cpu usage while making the test, if the CPU is the limit it should be at 50%.

Alternatively, you can run 2 or more tests at once and see if the firewall gets the throughput of 60mbps.

Features like Antivirus and IPS should only have an impact with new connections, not while transferring data.
Previous Topic: Unable to Register VPN connection
Next Topic: https proxy on transparent connection
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 16 10:30:39 CET 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.78053 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.