Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook 2016 search very slow
  •  
Zakk

Send a private message to this user
hello,

i am running latest kerio connect 9.2.7 for 10 users server with with
10 core intel XEON, 20 GB ram with SSD storage as hardware.

the inbox from the boss has around 30,000 mails. when using a windows 7 client with old outlook 2010 and start a search at my inbox, i get the results at once.

doing the same job on an 2nd machine (same powerful hardware as kerio server) -
windows 2016 terminalserver with outlook 2016, getting the search results takes around 1 minute. boss said, thats unacceptable, which i full understand.

outlook account(s) are connected in both cases with kerio offline connector.

i had already tried to fix thix with re-indexing and deleting the offline cache, but until now no success.

any ideas to get a fast search result?
or do i need to downgrade outlook to 2013 / 2010 for a fast working search?

thx,

zakk
  •  
Justin13

This has been our experiance with Kerio and office 2016 since we installed it. 2010 was MUCH better but as soon as we went to 2016 it sucked.

There are a number of articles here about disabling all extensions but kerio, changing search order etc... none of them matter to any of my customers on 2016.

ONLY thing that seems to help is if you change the default search from "mailbox" to "current folder".

I have switched all clients that simply cant live with the search speed away from outlook and into em client https://www.emclient.com/ this no longer uses kerio connector and uses activesync to pull data from kerio.

If you find anything I would love to know.
  •  
mwolf

hello,

the other solution ist not to use the offline connector and configure outlook to use imap and caldavsychronizer.

after that the search is as fast as on exchange
  •  
Justin13

but then you end up with the pst nightmare again.... one of the great things about offline connector is that you can have users hop from machine to machine with roaming profiles and it will simply rebuild the data file on the fly. with your solution if they move, file gets miss mapped etc.... outlook complains and you have to re-setup the account, same if they roam to a new machine. outlook and IMAP in a corporate environment do not mix in my opinion.
  •  
wag357

I have installed 9.2.7 p1 today and in my IT group, with Office 2016 Standard, we have noticed an increase in search speed after updating KOFF. I am waiting for more users to share their experiences with me to confirm this.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 July 2018 23:40]

•  
mwolf

It is NOT faster...for me on Outlook 2013...had to change to IMAP to get good search speeds...we think about migration to compano (zarafa) server.
  •  
Zakk

of course tried some workarounds, but IMAP etc does not give you the full needed features.

active sync is nice for mobiles, but useless for connecting the whole mailbox as you dont get all mails - for example user 30,000 mails and you get only 22,000 via active sync.

mwolf wrote on Mon, 30 July 2018 19:47
It is NOT faster...for me on Outlook 2013...had to change to IMAP to get good search speeds...we think about migration to compano (zarafa) server.

similar thoughts here. boss is really angry and told me to evaluate an other product. i am curently testing Mdeamon, since it's running under windows and also stores mails single file based in an folder hirachy.
  •  
Justin13

Activesync works just fine I have mailboxes with 100's of thousands of mail items in folders syncs everyone VIA other clients like EM client. Lets face it Outlook was built to be used with exchange, everything else is a patch of a hack and sort of works right.

also even in activesync mode with outlook YOU DONT NEED all the mail synced ALL THE TIME. you do a search and if its not in the local mailbox then it will do a server side search.. how many times is that really an issue where you need all 40G of your mailbox ALL of the time. Users only need the last month or so and everything else can live on the server until its needed.

the only 22k comment is just wrong.
  •  
Zakk

we need outlook because of a drag&drop interface for emails to our ERP system. thats why any other client or using the kerio webinterface does not work.

MY BOSS is used have all the mails from the last 10 years availible, and he did not accept anything else. he often searches for old orders, companys, contacts etc. he is the boss, and i need to deliver a solution.
Previous Topic: iPhone Sync error
Next Topic: Changing the user's profile color
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 23 09:46:13 CEST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.72994 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.