Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » It's oh so quiet
  •  
zebby

Send a private message to this user
This forum is so quiet these days, has everyone deserted Kerio/it?
  •  
koen

zebby wrote on Wed, 04 July 2018 01:39
This forum is so quiet these days, has everyone deserted Kerio/it?

We are quietly waiting for the next stable release...
  •  
sven.berlin

HAHAHAHA... am working on a rough calendar event which went crazy 2 days ago. it generated over 10.000 mails going from one user to another..

9.2.7 p1 on CentOs 6.9
  •  
wag357

I think the truth is, it was quiet because GFI was getting bought by some apparent holding company called Aurea SMB Solutions which has a DIVERSE set of holdings. Now what should we expect?
  •  
b-tom

Today, GFI published Kerio Connect 9.2.7p1. They also send out a newsletter:

Quote:

Dear Customer,

We are excited to announce the release of Kerio Connect 9.2.7p1, which includes security enhancements and fixes to known issues, including:

• Crypto setup version 1.2.0 to support centos6 and Debian wheezy
• Unable to disable encryption in certain situations
• Shared domain calendars cannot be modified (Outlook on Mac)
• Setting up a meeting from iOS with ActiveSync does not send invitations

To download the latest release, visit the GFI Upgrade Center.

Upgrade now

We understand that there have been issues with recent Kerio Connect releases and that we have not delivered the quality of product you expect from us. I want you to know that producing a quality, stable Kerio Connect client and server is our number one priority.

Specifically we have increased; our automated testing coverage, the build and test automation, including end to end scenarios covering the majority of the edge cases (which will be supplemented by manual QA), releasing product effective immediately in pre-release test cycles to identify issues prior to any general release, and the scope of hosted solution monitoring and failover redundancy to increase uptime.

We realize that every interaction is an opportunity to win or lose your continued support and business. It is my goal to win back any and all lost trust and confidence in Kerio Connect, and our commitment to the product.

Dan Beer
General Manager
GFI Software, Aurea SMB Solutions
  •  
zebby

wag357 wrote on Wed, 25 July 2018 14:38
I think the truth is, it was quiet because GFI was getting bought by some apparent holding company called Aurea SMB Solutions which has a DIVERSE set of holdings. Now what should we expect?

So to sum up, GFI gobbled up Kerio now GFI has been itself gobbled up by Aurea which is owned by ESW Capital who are what? Private equity firm?
What could possibly go wrong?
  •  
kbohannon

We're too busy migrating our servers over to mDaemon and Office365. I expect to be fully out of Kerio Cloud by the third week of August.
  •  
McIrish

kbohannon wrote on Thu, 26 July 2018 07:47
We're too busy migrating our servers over to mDaemon and Office365. I expect to be fully out of Kerio Cloud by the third week of August.

I've also been looking at other mail servers. Ran a demo of Zimbra for a couple months but just can't gel with it. I'm not a Linux guy. I also checked out MDaemon but it does not support EWS so Outlook for Mac doesn't work. We are 50% Mac so that's a show stopper. Also had a quick look at Axigen, Icewarp and Communigate Pro. None of the options does what Kerio was able to do for my organization. I really hate the thought of shelling out $67,500 annually to Microsoft for 365 subscriptions.
It's not a good time to be a mail server admin....
  •  
zebby

McIrish wrote on Fri, 27 July 2018 19:48
kbohannon wrote on Thu, 26 July 2018 07:47

I've also been looking at other mail servers. Ran a demo of Zimbra for a couple months but just can't gel with it. I'm not a Linux guy. I also checked out MDaemon but it does not support EWS so Outlook for Mac doesn't work. We are 50% Mac so that's a show stopper. Also had a quick look at Axigen, Icewarp and Communigate Pro. None of the options does what Kerio was able to do for my organization. I really hate the thought of shelling out $67,500 annually to Microsoft for 365 subscriptions.
It's not a good time to be a mail server admin....

I've been through the same process, just curious why was Icewarp ruled out? This is our current favourite and I can't find anything it really can't do for us.
  •  
McIrish

I'm trying to remember but I don't think Icewarp supported EWS, which is the way Outlook on Mac would connect. I have a 50% Mac 50% Windows domain. Everyone here uses Outlook. Not being able to use Outlook on Mac via EWS would be a no-go. I know some solutions say to use IMAP and cal/card DAV. That's not a good option and I'd get pummeled if I rolled something out like that. I've got 450 users so I need to be very careful. From looking around, every mail server available has some good points and some real drawbacks. Kerio has been the best compromise for us. If the speed of the Outlook connector was better, it would be on the level of Exchange (which we used to use).
  •  
  •  
gmaoret

I'm looking for Smarter Mail
  •  
zebby

generator wrote on Thu, 02 August 2018 06:02
What about MDaemon. Looks good.
https://www.altn.com/Products/MDaemon-Email-Server-Windows/# CompareUs

The thing that put us off was no ability to set server side rules in Outlook (unless I'm missing something)
I didn't fancy telling my boss to set a rule he'd have to login to web mail!
  •  
McIrish

MDaemon, Axigen, Icewarp, Smartermail-
None of these support Exchange EWS. That is he way Outlook 2016 on Mac connects to an Exchange server. Mail, Contacts, Calendar all sync with EWS. My people are so Outlook focused that I would never be able to get them to go another route. I like the features of a few of the listed mail servers, but they all have that one flaw. If I didn't have Mac users, or people would interested in web mail, I would probably be fine.
gmaoret

McIrish wrote on Fri, 03 August 2018 16:07
MDaemon, Axigen, Icewarp, Smartermail-
None of these support Exchange EWS. That is he way Outlook 2016 on Mac connects to an Exchange server. Mail, Contacts, Calendar all sync with EWS. My people are so Outlook focused that I would never be able to get them to go another route. I like the features of a few of the listed mail servers, but they all have that one flaw. If I didn't have Mac users, or people would interested in web mail, I would probably be fine.

You are wrong...

SmarterMail definitely does support EWS, so Outlook for MAC is supported...
Imap, EWS and EAS are already supported in the current v.16 and everything is working well for our customers.
The only lacking thing is MAPI for Windows versions of Outlook, but starting with the next release 17.xxx it will support Exchange MAPI natively, without any Outlook plug-in, like a native MS Exchange Server (from Outlook 2013 and newer, older versions aren't supported).
I'm waiting v. 17.x to know if it will be a good Kerio replacment...

[Updated on: Fri, 03 August 2018 16:35]

Previous Topic: Kerio, thanks for ongoing support of MacOS Server platform
Next Topic: Kemt cannot connect to Exchange
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 26 06:51:52 CEST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.83035 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.